The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just got a 06 elise, and it come with a hardtop and soft top. But It is topless when I get it and I have no idea how to put either hard top or the soft top on.

how many screws are for the hardtop/ softtop install on the car?

Does anyone have a manual for each installation?

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Hi TCL,
Congrats on the new car.

I have a 2005 Elise with soft and hard tops. Installation is the same for both years.

Here are the pages from the Service Manual on how to install each type of roof. No screws for the soft top. Very easy to put on. :up:

Good Luck!

Regards,
Wayne

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this is super awesome...THANKS A LOT!

what top do u use most often?

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
this is super awesome...THANKS A LOT!

what top do u use most often?
You're welcome, hope it helps.

Actually, I rarely use either top. I haven't had the hard top on in almost 2 years! I like the top off for almost all my driving.

Here in Ohio, I don't drive in the winter, so it's pretty much a Spring, Summer, Fall, nice weather car!

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Hello, I just got a 06 elise, and it come with a hardtop and soft top. But It is topless when I get it and I have no idea how to put either hard top or the soft top on.

how many screws are for the hardtop/ softtop install on the car?

Does anyone have a manual for each installation?

Thanks a lot.
Congrats on your car ! :clap:

It sounds like you haven't seen / read the owners manual ? The car should have come with the manual, and it's a really good idea for you to read it because it contains lots of good information about your car. Hopefully you can get it from whoever sold you your car.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
TCL,

Congrats on the car and welcome! I use my soft top every day spring through fall, since my '05 is a daily driver and when it's parked, I like to have the top on to avoid damage from unexpected showers. In the winter, the hard top goes on. If you follow the soft top installation and removal instructions, your top should last a long time. Mine is 4 years old and looks as good as new.

Tom

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got the car without a owner manual, is there a electronic one for owner manual and repair manual?

The worst case is I got the car without the top on. Now I think of it, I afraid that they do not all the parts and screw I need for soft and hardtop.

is there a check list I can check if every part is there for soft and hardtop?

thanks a lot guys. this forum is great, everybody is so helpful, unlike the evo X forum. lol

tcl

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
The worst case is I got the car without the top on. Now I think of it, I afraid that they do not all the parts and screw I need for soft and hardtop.

Hi TCL,
There really aren't a whole lot of parts for either top type.

For the Soft Top you have:
1. The soft top itself, which has built-in latching pins that are spring-loaded and slide within the sides of the top.
2. The 2 roof stays, which are flexible plastic "rails" that fit into slots on the top of the windshield and the top of the rear window shroud assembly.

For the Hard top, you have:
1. The roof itself which has the hardware (bolts) held in place by captive fasteners.
2. The forward trim panel which mounts to the windshield and top.
3. The 2 side trim panels which cover up the mounting hardware for the rear bolts

That's everything. I'll assume that all the mounting fixtures on the car itself are still in place. This includes the "pockets" to hold the soft top rails and the latch plates mounted on the window shroud (black plastic pieces with slots/grooves in them).

If you need more info, just ask.

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
937 Posts
Good Idea to check the wheather seal after putting the hardtop and soft-top on. The window needs to be able to seal with both but one needs to have the window travel farther to engage the seal. Make a note so that you can get the dealer to adjust whenever you get it.

·
Registered
424 Posts
TCL,
Check by the battery, that's where the owner's manual was stored on mine.
The maintenance and repair section of this forum has links the electronic copy of the owner's manual and directions on how to get the service manual.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Welcome and congrats on acquiring the must fun driving experience

An electronic version of the service manual and technical bulletins are available from this Lotus web site: Lotus Subscribe. Do the 24 hour subscription for $25 and download and save everything.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I got the car without a owner manual, is there a electronic one for owner manual and repair manual?

http://www.elisetalk.com/docs/elise_manual.pdf about 4.5 megs

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you so much for the helps.
I will go pick up the car on friday, and I will try to make sure if all the parts are there.
otherwise i might need to go to the dealer and get any missing parts.

thanks!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts