The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a quick question answered.
There are two connectors on the alternator side near near the alternator. of the engine. One goes to the Vapour Management valve that bolted to the bulk head. That is the item that is inline with some tubing that goes from the vapor cannister mounted on the bulkhead to the driver side of the engine manifold)

The other connector goes to the vapor cannister vent close valve on the vapor cannister. It is that round thing just to the right of the Vapor canister with the hose that just goes off it unconnected to anything.

One to the connecters has two green wires with tracers. Other has a brown with orange tracer (I think on the color of the tracer but the wire is brown) and a green wire with some sort of tracer.

I took them both off and now cannot remember which goes where. They are interchangable as far as connectors go.

Can someone look at your car and let me know.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
you disconnected the "vent" connection that draws air into the charcoal canister.-robert

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Need a quick question answered.
There are two connectors on the alternator side near near the alternator. of the engine. One goes to the Vapour Management valve that bolted to the bulk head. That is the item that is inline with some tubing that goes from the vapor cannister mounted on the bulkhead to the driver side of the engine manifold)

The other connector goes to the vapor cannister vent close valve on the vapor cannister. It is that round thing just to the right of the Vapor canister with the hose that just goes off it unconnected to anything.

One to the connecters has two green wires with tracers. Other has a brown with orange tracer (I think on the color of the tracer but the wire is brown) and a green wire with some sort of tracer.

I took them both off and now cannot remember which goes where. They are interchangable as far as connectors go.

Can someone look at your car and let me know.
the vent close valve has the two green wires going to it. the vent purge valve has the brown/orange and green wires.

the vent close valve is the one attached to the canister. Im thinking the purge valve is the one they also call the vapor management valve.

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks.. Second answer did the trick.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts