The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in a 2008 exige s 240 on ebay it's the black one being sold at a dealership in Houston Texas. I called the dealer and he said the car is in brand new shape inside and out not a scratch on her. It only has 6k miles on it and has 6 months or 36k factory warranty. I'm pretty sure it has the touring package the dealer wasn't sure but by the pictures it looks like it does. My question is he doesn't know if it has the track package how can I have him check to see if it has it or not? I got him down to 49k and that includes the shipping all the way up here in Pa. I would really like to know about the track package before I purchase the car. If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it. Thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dealer confirmed it does have the track package could that be added later and if so around how much?

·
Cyberdyne Model 101
347 Posts
It does have the track pack? What are you asking about adding?

Kinda looks like he meant to say doesn't but I guess he will have to confirm that. Going on the idea that it doesn't I suppose he could always just add adjustable shocks, Nitrons, or some other brand as well as a sway bar and harness bar. Pretty sure that would do the trick although I never bothered to look into it as mine came with the track pack

·
Registered
219 Posts
I've seen a few track pack sets of shocks/springs go for about $1000. Or you could spend a little more and get a used set of Nitrons which would be even better imho. For the harness bar, you could buy OEM or there are several aftermarket.

If you had planned on doing any upgrades to the car, I wouldn't worry about it having the track pack option. Even if you want to keep it stock, the LSS suspension will just ride a little more harsh is all.

To me, 49k is an insane deal on that car. A mint 08 with 6k miles shipped cross country for $49k? Some stock 07's with three times the miles are going for nearly that much. BUY.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bought a 2008 EXIGE S240 IN STORM TITANIUM WITH 12,600 MIL with the track package it will be here next week can't wait. Thanks for all the help with the other one I was interested in.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I bought a 2008 EXIGE S240 IN STORM TITANIUM WITH 12,600 MIL with the track package it will be here next week can't wait. Thanks for all the help with the other one I was interested in.
Congrats! Was it close in price to the black one in TX? Pics please!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Someone sent me a message asking about the 08 exige in Texas on ebay I tried to reply but I'm not sure if it went through. I didn't get that car because it didn't have the track package and the dealer had no clue about the car. If you don't mind not having the track package it might be a awesome car the pics looked good. I found another 08 s240 with the track and touring package for the same price so I bought that one. I'll post some pics later when I get a chance.

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
When you get on the highway you'll see the rear spoiler flexing like a wet noodle. Highly recommend you replace it with something stiffer (carbon fiber). Like so.

San

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm going to carbon fiber most of the car I think it looks good with the storm titanium. What's a good place to get carbon fiber parts? I see the prices very a lot online I'm not too worried about price I just want quality parts. Rear spoiler and door sills we be first on my list. I would appreciate any info

·
Registered
5,295 Posts

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
I'm going to carbon fiber most of the car I think it looks good with the storm titanium. What's a good place to get carbon fiber parts? I see the prices very a lot online I'm not too worried about price I just want quality parts. Rear spoiler and door sills we be first on my list. I would appreciate any info
Reverie. Not cheap. Got my rear spoiler from HKFever before Reverie came out with their 2010+ style one.

San

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Really nice pis that's my plan cf pretty much everything. Is there a place that I can order all the cf pieces? I looked around and the prices vary and I would like everything to match. I never thought about taking the wiper off but I don't plan on driving in the rain anyways it will probably look better without it. I'll rainx the crap out of the windshield just in case I get caught in a pop up shower. The shocks in your pics do they make for a more comfortable ride and can you still adjust them for track and street driving? Nice looking car btw

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It is a good deal I just payed 51k for mine it only has 13k miles on it. There getting harder to find and the price is going up.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts