The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know which fuse controls the driver door lock actuator?
Mine needs replaced again and they are on back order.
I was going to just pull fuse to make open door light go off.
However I cannot locate fuse.....
I pulled all the ones that made sense and none worked. It must be on an odd fuse. Does anyone know off hand and has anyone done this for temporary fix?

·
Illegal Alien
5,308 Posts
Looked over wiring diagrams and an early version of owners manual that I had on computer.

Mini fuse C3 (3 or 5 Amp) marke CDL, powers the Central Door Lock Unit, along with other systems such asglove box release and 1 of 3 power sources into alarm immobilizer unit

Mini fuse C12 (3 or 5 Amp)marked Interior Lighting powers all intertior lights controled by either door switch. Pulling this will give a wide ranging black out in cabin.

Nothing specific to LHS or RHS on either circuit, one of worst layout wiring diagrams I have seen since an old Fiat 124 I used to have.

Attachments

·
Illegal Alien
5,308 Posts
Think tbd_Evora is just including the fuse diagram to relate to the two fuses I called out.

C3 disables the door locks; C12 disables the interior lights (and maybe not the footwell light in US cars( conflicting info in diagrams). You will need to try either and see if you get the result you need or if the collaterally damage of other functions lost is too great (my concern is what else is lost with C3, can you even start the car?)

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Think tbd_Evora is just including the fuse diagram to relate to the two fuses I called out.

C3 disables the door locks; C12 disables the interior lights (and maybe not the footwell light in US cars( conflicting info in diagrams). You will need to try either and see if you get the result you need or if the collaterally damage of other functions lost is too great (my concern is what else is lost with C3, can you even start the car?)
I had pulled C12 already to no avail.....C3 did not work either:confused:

·
Illegal Alien
5,308 Posts
Good old Lucas style electrical circuits. probably getting power from 5 sources or four other grounds other than the switched ground .. merry old England, my motherland, God help them. So you are saying C12 did not kill the interior lights and C3 did not kill the door locks

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good old Lucas style electrical circuits. probably getting power from 5 sources or four other grounds other than the switched ground .. merry old England, my motherland, God help them. So you are saying C12 did not kill the interior lights and C3 did not kill the door locks
C12 does lights but neither make the "open door" light on dash go out
I wonder if I pull the door actuator would it go out and would the lights go out?

·
Illegal Alien
5,308 Posts
Dash light is going to be triggered but the lock control unit and is such lower amps those things are not fused.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts