The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm curious about the front trim piece that goes all the way from left to right and hooks underneath the windscreen. (bolts on with three bolts)

Does it have any sort of cloth on it between it and the windscreen stock?

I'm mounting my aftermarket carbon top and while that piece bolts right up and sucks the top down nicely in the front, I'm worried about it scratching the underside of the windscreen.

Thanks!

Randy

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Mine only has cloth on the side facing the driver. The other side is a plastic/resin material. It doesn't effect anything though since it only touches the plastic piece at the top of the windshield. FYI - see you're in the Rochester area. I'm an RIT grad.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
From memory, mine has cloth on the side facing the driver but also wraps around on the back a little bit, possibly one inch.

I think the previous poster was correct that this piece when installed touches the plastic border of the windshield.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, appreciate the replies. I know that it contacts the plastic frame around the windscreen but was not sure if there was a risk to it scratching or not. The new trim piece is fiberglass and the bezel around the windscreen is most surely plastic.

I guess I'm still not sure what I will do but definitely don't want to scratch anything. Maybe a piece of black felt glued to the contact points.

....and Chris, cool on RIT. If you're ever in town, make sure and let us know.

R :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts