The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't gonna but I did. I know my car is right around the corner (maybe 3 weeks or so away) but I wanted to take my business partner to see the car and couldn't resist a test drive.

I finished work a little early today and headed over to Princeton to see if my business partner (6'4", 240 lbs.) could fit in the car. He wanted to get in line but wasn't going to take the plunge until he knew he could actually drive the car.

It never ceases to floor me when I see an Elise. This was the first Bordeaux I had seen and it was beautiful. Pictures really don't do this color justice. It's a very deep burgundy. The final finishes of the interior are different than even the press cars from April and are really top notch. I especially like the pebble finish on the upper sills. No rattles, no squeaks. BTW, My partner did fit.

Ramsey was exceptionally accommodating and didn't force me into a short drive up and down the main drag but instead led me down some back roads where I was able to almost triple the posted speeds around some sweeping turns without even breaking a sweat. What really floored me about my drive was that the final car is so livable. It rode the same as the A4 that I arrived at the dealer in. It was docile until pushed and then just beared down and dug in. In the event any of you were really concerned, THIS CAR CAN ABSOLUTELY BE A DAILY DRIVER.
I have only one complaint. I have no frick'n idea how the heck I'm going to not go over the rpm max. during my break-in period. 4k is located on the tach where in a regular car you would find maybe 2k, and is so for a good reason. This car begs you to go for more. It's not that it can;t be driven like a commuter car, it just knows that it was born for something more. It knows it's special and want to show the world.

I could go on and on about the test drive but most of it you already have heard elsewhere. Princeton is planning to have a very unique after sales approach which I will report on when it becomes official on Thursday. Sorry to go back to Ramsey again but he loves what he does and it shows. It's more to him than a sale. To put it simply, he just gets it.

BTW Mitch (Hermanlotus), I missed you by just a couple of minutes. Met a fellow deposit holder there as well, Brian and his wife from Holland Pennsylvania, both who were all smiles after their drive.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Robert,

OMG, Yeh I just missed you. As I pulled up in the Elise with Ramsey, Brian and his wife had just pulled in. Very nice couple. They told me they ordered Starlight Black.

BTW Ramsey is one heck of a nice guy and the test drive in the Lotus was all I could wish for. Your correct one really could drive this car every day. The only problem I had was I could not take my eyes off the car:p I also could not get over the top notch quality of this car.

Please keep us posted on the upcoming event at Princeton. I don't want to miss it.

Glad to see you had a blast in the Elise, it sure is one fun car to drive.

Best Wishes,
Mitch

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Yep, I was surprised to find, after driving home yesterday in mine (yay! :clap: ) that it's a lot more civil than I expected. The engine noise isn't really hard to take, even on a long trip. The seats are comfortable, tho I wish they were reclined just a tad more. (Yes, I know these are just right for racing position, but I'm old and lazy -- I like to recline.)

Over smooth pavement, the thing is GLORIOUS. Just becomes part of the road. Over rough pavement, you feel it all, but it's not kidney-crushing. And, even over the roughest pavement, it feels solid as a rock. No rattling, no twisting, nothing. Just solid. Really sweet.

Funny thing -- I got home thinking "I wish there were lumbar support in these seats", then read the manual, and discovered there's a lumbar adjustment! Cool!

So, first impression is that it COULD be a daily driver. Having said that, when I got back in my MR2 Spyder this morning, it seemed like a friggin luxury car, compared to the Elise!

·
Registered
543 Posts
hey hermanslotus,
this is t.a. (espritv8), and we too liked the elise test drive. nice meeting you monday. hey is ramsey great or what!! good luck with your lazer blue!

the car was awesome, so goin to be worth the wait (#23).

robert, do let us know what that special after sales approach is! curious

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Mine IS a daily driver. Let me tell you-if you have to walk by it to get in something else, you're going to really suffer. Give in and drive it!! There's no shame in it!

And Robert-you can go over 4500 RPM, but in short burst, no WOT, and no sustained RPM greater than 4500. It's not so bad. I'm 450 miles into it thus far. The car still hauls ass by quick shifting, and you CAN break into the V V a little. Just a taste.

Yeeha!!

·
Registered
238 Posts
What was the wait if I place an order at Princeton? I heard they have a huge list....I am opening up a new store in Princeton (with my company) right now so I'm their everyday...I might take a drive to see Ramsey.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Surferjer said:
Mine IS a daily driver. Let me tell you-if you have to walk by it to get in something else, you're going to really suffer. Give in and drive it!! There's no shame in it!

Yeeha!!
So what about parking? Anybody had the nerve to park their precious Elise on the street or in a lot and leave it for a lengthy period of time??

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
espritv8 said:
hey hermanslotus,
this is t.a. (espritv8), and we too liked the elise test drive. nice meeting you monday. hey is ramsey great or what!! good luck with your lazer blue!

the car was awesome, so goin to be worth the wait (#23).

robert, do let us know what that special after sales approach is! curious
Esprit, it was nice meeting you and your wife the other day at Princeton. That car is a blast to drive!!!!

Yeh Ramsey is a top notch guy and a future Elise owner. I heard he has an Ardent Red on order.

Best Wishes,
Mitch

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
PhillyPhreak said:
What was the wait if I place an order at Princeton? I heard they have a huge list....I am opening up a new store in Princeton (with my company) right now so I'm their everyday...I might take a drive to see Ramsey.
Philly,

I have seen the actual list and it is a long one. Hey if your in the area just go down and see Ramsey. He's a super nice guy and he did tell me that they are still taking orders:)

Best Wishes,
Mitch

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I park mine during dinners at restaurants, and at work all day out of sight from me. DO I worry? A bit, but I'm not going to let that stop me from using it...

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just a quick update........... A titanium car will be arriving tomorrow for anyone in the area looking to see that color up close. Also, I just got off the phone with Ramsey and by this time tomorrow, I'll be allowed to spill the beans on their after sales approach. In retrospect it may not seem like much but I think it's going to be great for area owners. A regional track event for Club111 is also being hatched............. stay tuned and in the event you haven't joined yet, DO IT NOW!

Robert

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
wallabyguy said:
Just a quick update........... A titanium car will be arriving tomorrow for anyone in the area looking to see that color up close. Also, I just got off the phone with Ramsey and by this time tomorrow, I'll be allowed to spill the beans on their after sales approach. In retrospect it may not seem like much but I think it's going to be great for area owners. A regional track event for Club111 is also being hatched............. stay tuned and in the event you haven't joined yet, DO IT NOW!

Robert
Robert,

Please let us all know what is going to take place. I will try to go down there the end of the week to see the Storm Titanium.

Thanks,
Mitch

·
Registered
42 Posts
Great read! Enjoy the car..

Congratulations and you almost have me heading to a dealer to buy one!

Titanium is stunning color too!

·
Registered
786 Posts
storm t touring at Palm beach motors

Drove the car yesterday afternoon,

storm looks great in person, black interior was excellant fit and finish, the car is basically a race car with street tires and dot stuff added on, makes my boxster feel like a luxury car, this is the car porsche wish they built. I went over rr tracks hit a sewer grate at speed the car is very solid, the engine has good torque thru the band, the kick at 6200 or so is noticeable but it is better to keep the revs over it for real performance as oppsoed to rev from 5k to over it , I could not keep it high we are in the city.

Ps the clear bra is on all sides of the car, front, side lower panels ( more importantly the front of the side intake is extended most of the door and it has a horizontal lip which would be scuffed up from enter/exist ,covered in clear), the rear lower quarter panels, so for $500 the front is ok, but you have sides and rear, I am rethinking the issue on the bra.

The car get lots of attention, I order artic silver with red seats, a yellow, tour ht car just arrive for delivery, spent time looking at it, very bright and loud, like driving around a look at me sign, the silvers and darker colors are my favorite,

brakes excellant feel, turnin excellant, drove there in my buddys 996tt x50,( lowered, areo) lotus was no more ruff riding than that car, did feel lighter.

My best comparison would be driving an open wheel formula car, I did skip barber, 3 day racing school, and there cars 4 cylinder dodge 16 vals, engine and power deliver felt similar, manual steering felt similar, brakes in elise better feel, shifter better feel,( tranmission in dodge is nonsyn), the elise is a no frills sports car and

I think it is the great.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Robert, did you ever post the news?

hermanslotus said:
Robert,

Please let us all know what is going to take place. I will try to go down there the end of the week to see the Storm Titanium.

Thanks,
Mitch

1 - 18 of 18 Posts