The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed a lot of you have a few or more cars. I was originally going to sell off my mr2 and buy a lotus but now the wife has eyes on the mr2. Neither the mr2 or lotus will be used heavily. I currently have the mr2 as a pleasure vehicle but I dont think that saves much. I know some people like Leno have cars out the yingyang. Is there something a person can do to not pay full values for collector cars? that may see 1000 mile ( if that ) a year?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I noticed a lot of you have a few or more cars. I was originally going to sell off my mr2 and buy a lotus but now the wife has eyes on the mr2. Neither the mr2 or lotus will be used heavily. I currently have the mr2 as a pleasure vehicle but I dont think that saves much. I know some people like Leno have cars out the yingyang. Is there something a person can do to not pay full values for collector cars? that may see 1000 mile ( if that ) a year?
There are a number of insurance threads on the forums. Generally, the end result depends on too many things to use peers as a reference, but you pose a good point about the mileage. I haven't had my insurance companies ask me about my driving habits in years although they used to all the time. If I could pay by the mile or by the day, boy...

Shop around. All things equal, one place is always hundreds less than another for you - and the exact opposite for your neighbor. Usually, if you talk to a live person, they'll tell you whether classifying a vehicle as commute or pleasure is the better deal.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah we normally call a good 50 places before we go with them. The best policy is find the lowest insurance each year. Sticking with them gains you nothing! I was just curios if there was something out there for collectors/exotics. Thx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts