The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my car for a couple weeks now ... and it has been warm here ... not hot ... but when I get out of the car I smell coolant every now and then from the drivers side vent ... is this normal? My temperature seems to stay steady in the middle with a small jump higher during hot days with theca on ... coolant reservoir is about half full ... ideas?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Not normal. There a couple of common reasons: hose issues or radiator issues.

Some have found the hose clamps to be loose. One even found that a hose had a hole from rubbing on a clip.

The radiator has plastic end tanks that crack or leak because the seal shrinks which many have seen after 2-3 years, in my case it took 8 years. If you pop the directional light you can probably see coolant in the troughs in crash box that runs under the radiator tanks. I am in the process of replacing my radiator.

·
Toys R us!
273 Posts
my husband noticed the same exact smell coming from the same area you described...i have it at the dealer currently for warranty work but asked them to look into this. If i hear they found anything, i'll let you know, it'll be there for another week.

·
Illegal Alien
5,308 Posts
Not normal. There a couple of common reasons: hose issues or radiator issues.

Some have found the hose clamps to be loose. One even found that a hose had a hole from rubbing on a clip.

The radiator has plastic end tanks that crack or leak because the seal shrinks which many have seen after 2-3 years, in my case it took 8 years. If you pop the directional light you can probably see coolant in the troughs in crash box that runs under the radiator tanks. I am in the process of replacing my radiator.
We are talking the Evora on this thread. Access to total different. But thanks for thetips,hoses and endcaps may be similar.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts