The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought that if we took a quick straw pole test before Xmas, just to see how your Elise is doing?

What age is your Elise?

What Milage have you done?

Any Problems?

What do you want Lotus to do next?

Happy Xmas Yanks!
Cheers
Mega(Liverpool)

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Mega said:
I thought that if we took a quick straw pole test before Xmas, just to see how your Elise is doing?

What age is your Elise?

0-4 weeks (approx).

Any Problems?
Currently everything but the wheels and car cover are missing.

SEND ME MY CAR! :p

Happy Xmas Yanks!
Cheers
Mega(Liverpool)
Merry xmas to you as well.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
1600 miles, no problems..other than I lost the MMC card that came with the radio. DOH!

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
6 weeks

Just under 3,000 miles

Starshield problems, various rattles, paint problems, one "where the hell did this come from?" screw found inside of the car on my second day of ownership

I'd like to see Lotus become a more respectable company so that I can buy future models from them.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have owned the car for 45 days

I have 300 miles on it.

I have no problems (knock on wood).

I would like to see Lotus develop some performance parts for this car. I know the aftermarket tuners are addressing the needs, but I would prefer to have some options from Lotus.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
What age is your Elise?
Four days old.

80 miles.

Any Problems?
"AAARRR" noise when I down shift to first sometimes. Brusies for entry and exit. Scracthes and scuffs on the door from entry/exit.

Make entry/exit easier via gull wing or scissor doors. Or, redesign side sill (instead of a square, perhaps a triangle shape with triangles inside the triangle door sill. This would make it strong yet less area to step over.

·
Registered
130 Posts
14 days

770 miles

Few rattles and creaks. CD skipping. The main problem with this car is there is not enough time to drive it!

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
18 weeks

7600 miles

no problems worth mentioning.

I want Lotus to continue to support this car by making sure parts are available for our future needs, especially in light of the fact that this will be a limited edition two model year car.

·
Registered
592 Posts
29 hours

130 miles

The dead pedal fell off

Lotus should continue to develop cars like the Elise!

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Since mid August. 6500 miles.

Existing problems.

Window needs adjustment (going to give it a go) so the roof leaks.

A/C freezing up, I will worry about that in the spring.

I have concerns about the clutch lasting long.

I would like Lotus to give me the same car with 240-250hp and an LSD. A little more tire clearance so I can put fatter tires on. I would like Lotus to get better at communicating, with an online viewable database showing what cars are in work. I would like to see a fully online searchable storefront where I can buy Lotus parts and have them delivered to me.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Randy's clutch

Cheers Randy,
The one thing I would not worry about is clutch,eng or gearbox. As the tech @Newport European I've been preping Fed
Elise back to Jan 04 . Two cars are from L.C.U.S.A. and have over
10K of track and press miles. Let me just say they don't baby the
cars. Brake pads, tires and oil changes only:bow: These elise are
Studs!!
All The Best , Don Paul

·
Registered
79 Posts

Miles: 550

Problems: None (runs perfect)

Wishes: SMG (like my M3!)

Woo Hoo :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
189 Posts

Miles: 3000

Problems:
Gasoline smell in cabin
Buzz/rattle in gear linkage or gearbox
Window rattle
(all being worked on...)

Wishes:
Cruise control, cupholder, a little padding on side of door sill.
(hey, it's my daily driver including many 400 mile day trips)
Protection for wires/taillights in trunk.
Long-term parts availability-- it's a keeper.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
No real problems. One request for improvement. A "tie-down" system in the boot to hold the stowed top in place. It's free to slide around, and knocked my tail light wiring loose - no problem, as I just had to plug it back in, but I'd like a way to clamp the top in place.

Right now, I have the top wrapped with a couple of Velcro strips that hook into the carpet, but it's no a permanent solution. It could simply use a couple of "D-rings" in the boot to clip the top case onto...

Other than that, I don't need anything else, except maybe a new more flexible body so I could get in and out easier - but that's my problem, not the car's...:p

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My Thanks to all who answered, yes A/C problems over here as well, but it does seem that Lotus do understand "Buld Q" at last!

Cheers
Mike

·
Registered
538 Posts
Have had the car since the end of August, so it's a little over 3 months old. Only have about 1500 miles so far (yes, it's a fair weather car, plus I've been out of town far too much lately). The only problem of note is with the A/C, and as Randy said I'll worry about that in the spring. Miles of smiles so far, and many more to come. :D

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Month and a half old 2150 mi no problems except for the god forsaken alarm system. Sometimes it won't set(beeeeep), and other times it goes off at 6am in front of my neighbors bed room! DOH!
I am so afraid of using the danm thing that I usually just lock it with the key(looks unlocked but you can't open the door....
I wonder how much weight I could eliminate if I have the entire imobiliser and alarm removed? Switches at the trunk and front access panels as well as modules for alarm and motion sensor.
Texas chainsaw massacre the danm thing:evil:

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Perry-why don't you get it fixed by the dealer? :confused:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts