The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hy guys,

I would like to have your opinion about the Quicksilver Exhaust and them quality !

QuickSilver Superior Exhausts for the World's Finest Cars

Quicksilver Super Sports Exhausts for Lotus Elise, Exige, M100 & 340R : Hangar 111: Lotus Performance Parts for the Lotus Elise Exige & 340R

YouTube - Lotus Exige-S with Quicksilver Titan
YouTube - Lotus Exige 2

Some say that it's the same than a Larini :shrug:

It's to put on my Exige :coolnana:

I'm loonking for an exhaust VERY noisy :wave: ! (but the Arqray is too expensive for me :( )

·
Super Moderator
2,844 Posts
Hy guys,

I would like to have your opinion about the Quicksilver Exhaust and them quality !

Some say that it's the same than a Larini :shrug:

It's to put on my Exige :coolnana:

I'm loonking for an exhaust VERY noisy :wave: ! (but the Arqray is too expensive for me :( )
The Quicksilver is great exhaust! :up:
It is loud, but it is a sweet sounding type of loud, and the only downside is a tendency to drone at highway speeds. The build quality is nice and they don't fall apart from bad welds. It also has a deeper tone than the Larini which to my ear sounds more like a performance exhaust on a large bore performance bike compared to the lower tone of the Quicksilver. You will love the Quicksiver if decide on it.

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
I have a Quicksilver and I like it very much. Before installation, I was concerned about the noise, would it be intrusive? At low speed cruising there is a pleasent burble in the background and obviously, upon acceleration it gets louder, which is perfect for me. At highway speed, it was not intrusive. I recently heard a Stage 2, and noticed that it was intrusively loud all the time, too much for me. The beauty of the Quicksilver is that the noise level only increases when you want it too. Hope this helps.
Michael

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
thanks guy for your opinion.

is the Quick. may some "broap broap" when you just rise you feet of the cluch like to decelerate without brakes ??

Wich sport-cat can be use with a Quick. ?

What do you think about:

- the larini sport

-the larini Race

·
Registered
992 Posts
Je le recommande!!!

is the Quick. may some "broap broap" when you just rise you feet of the cluch like to decelerate without brakes ?? >> Oui, il fournit une grande qualite chaque fois que vous soulevez et il pèse cinq kilos moins que "regular".

J'ai acheté un il ya 3 semaines, et voila, il est parfait. Il semble bon et de sons super quand vous mettez le moteur < 3000 rpm!!

Je le recommande!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaase help me :shrug:

I need to choice:

-Larini Sport
-2Bular
-TopSpeed Pro 1

I'm waiting since 2 day an answer from Jim by 2bular to know shipping and disponibility of them exhaust :wallbang:

·
Registered
815 Posts
Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaase help me :shrug:

I need to choice:

-Larini Sport
-2Bular
-TopSpeed Pro 1

I'm waiting since 2 day an answer from Jim by 2bular to know shipping and disponibility of them exhaust :wallbang:
FYI...I LOVE my TS Pro1 exhaust! It is nice and loud when you're on the gas, pretty quiet when cruising. Lots of pops and burbles when you let off. Fitment is perfect with the stock diffuser.

·
Registered
815 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I received an answer from Jim/2Bular:

ok, well, the Ultra is a very loud(!) exhaust - but it's controlled. Some manufacturers come down on the bore size to achieve a noisy system but this decreases the power output. I use a 57mm dia for the system, so there's no power loss - most are a lot smaller than this.
I now use the 6"dia can as the smallest in the range but I can adjust the length of the perforated core to adjust the noise output - shorter is louder!

I explain to him that i want a noisy exhaust when i start the car and when i accelerate but more quiet when i'm cruising on highway

His answer:

Go with the 6"dia can and I will keep the perforated core to a good length, so that under acceleration it screams but on cruise it's not too loud - a difficult balancing act!
Yes, the Lotus Stg2 is only a 51mm bore - way too small.

:nanner:

·
Registered
233 Posts
My QS Ti exhaust sounds great.

However, it was replaced after about 1 year when one of the mounting brackets tore off of the input pipe (it literally tore out a 1" square section of pipe).
The replacement was provided free of charge, and incorporated a design change to address the exact failure I'd experienced.

While the overall appearance of the unit is nice (although mine is hidden from view), the weld quality is really, REALLY, sloppy. I've never welded anything in my life, but I imagine if I were to try, my first attempt might look pretty close to the quality of work I've seen on BOTH the QS Ti units I've had.

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f154/quicksilver-titanium-installed-20648/

1 - 17 of 17 Posts