The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for replacement tyres for the Evora and want a quiet running set.

In the UK so Michelin, Pirrleii or Continental- anyone have any views/experience on quitest running tyre?

Ta

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
stock ones are very quiet and provide superb handling, imo. what's wrong with just getting new lotus-spec tires? The only other set I have used are Kumho V12 tires and they are just as quiet at low cruising speeds.

Anything higher than 30mph and it's kinda pointless because the engine sounds surpass any difference the tires would make anyway.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I have Michelin Pilot Super Sports on my non lotus.... VERY quiet tires with great grip!

Came from Dunlop direzza star specs which were by far the noisyest tire I have ever owned in my life.... be it good or bad I couldn't hear my wife talk at highway speeds..... tires were only 225's & 15K miles old

VERY pleased with the Micheline's!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Pirellis do seem to be getting quite a bit louder as they wear down. (at 5/32nd now) so keep that in mind. They ALL, in my experience, get noisier with age, snows being the single biggest exception as they usually quiet down as their aggressive tread wears off.

·
Registered
33 Posts
From my experience OEM PZero Pirellis (M01, actually Mercedes-spec) are quieter than other PZero Pirellis (e.g. M, or L) on the rear. And yes, you can hear the difference above 30mph, e.g. cruising at motorway speeds, especially with the standard exhaust.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts