The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

Im not very technical when it comes to cars but I am hoping someone can help me with me little problem.

I have an Elise S1 2000 which I have just purchased which has been de-cat'd and has a 'larini' sports exhaust, I have seen the following item for sale

Silenced Cat Replacement Pipe S1 Two Sizes Available, 4" and 5"

on eliseparts

I was wondering if replacing the 'straight through' cat pipe with this would quieten the beast down keeping the larini exhaust in place?

I use this car every day and the noise it produces is just to loud

If so could I use either the 4" or 5" (I take it the 5" is larger thus a bit quieter)?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Hello.

Im not very technical when it comes to cars but I am hoping someone can help me with me little problem.

I have an Elise S1 2000 which I have just purchased which has been de-cat'd and has a 'larini' sports exhaust, I have seen the following item for sale

Silenced Cat Replacement Pipe S1 Two Sizes Available, 4" and 5"

on eliseparts

I was wondering if replacing the 'straight through' cat pipe with this would quieten the beast down keeping the larini exhaust in place?

I use this car every day and the noise it produces is just to loud

If so could I use either the 4" or 5" (I take it the 5" is larger thus a bit quieter)?

Thanks
Adding a catalytic converter in place of a piece of pipe should quiet it down, yes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts