The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In case you hadn't heard, Tony Richards of Autobahn Exotics unexpectedly passed away last Thursday of a blood clot. I personally had only recently met him but he had bent over backwards to help me and the couple of times I spent 1:1, he was a world class good guy, full of life, lots of fun stories and free with advice and comments. This is a real loss for the Lotus community, especially here in Dallas.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
OUF I just saw this... work and travel have prevented me from attending Dallas Lotus group meetings for the last few months... Tony was always there and was a joy to speak with. I met him in 2008 at one of those meetings.

Thanks for the post.

R.I.P. Tony.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I called Tony today to check in and found that the number was no longer in service. I had a bad feeling. He called me I am guessing about the time he died to see how I was getting along with a 2001 esprit wreck he patched up for shipment to me. I had not got much done on it and so told him I would call with a report and today was the day. I never met Tony in person but did a deal for a frame and some parts about 6 or so years ago and then this 2001 car in the spring 2012. He was phenomenal. He packed everything thing up for me on the wreck with bags and labels etc. A great guy. I am depressed.
R.I.P Tony
Guy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts