The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up an R3 for the LCS event at Spring Mtn....love it.
Easy to get in and out of the car with it on....quick release makes it ez to get off. While driving there is decent lateral movement.
You do need to use the foam pad on the back of the seat to use as a cushion for the back fo the R3 for an even surface.
I haven't compared it to a HANS yet.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
glad to hear that you are addressing the H+N restraint issue.
the more stuff i see happen on the track the more foolish i see it is to not use an approved device of some type.

"its better to have and not need, than to need and not have"

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Ah I was hoping you got the Defender...wanted to see one in person. Glad you got it, we can trade next time at track never tried an R3

·
Premium Member
4,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
glad to hear that you are addressing the H+N restraint issue.
the more stuff i see happen on the track the more foolish i see it is to not use an approved device of some type.

"its better to have and not need, than to need and not have"
Thanks...knew you would chime in ;)

Ah I was hoping you got the Defender...wanted to see one in person. Glad you got it, we can trade next time at track never tried an R3
I went to Parker Pumper in Ontario who sells all of the H&N restraints to all different types of drivers. He did have a new DefNder which I kind of tried on, and it felt uncomfortable and bulky. His concern with the DefNder was that 1) it's a new product which obviously needs to be real-world tested and 2) he heard from others that used it that due to the bulkiness above the shoulders, it restricted the lateral flexion of the neck with the helmet in short-necked people.

He has sold many more R3's and Hybrids than HANS devices. He said the safest of all restraints was the Hybrid which straps to your harnesses and around your body. I just didn't want to wrap the whole Hybrid around my body.

So far, I'm happy with the R3....Peter, we'll trade restraints - I forgot to pick yours up from DRS...thanks though!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts