The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in the R888's and need to replace my rears, but my fronts (A048's) are only half-done and I have another brand new set of A048 fronts, so I'd prefer not to buy another set of fronts...

Any thoughts (perhaps even based on experience) on running my new A048 fronts with new R888's in the rear? This would be for spirited street use (Tail of the Dragon upcoming, for instance).

·
Registered
443 Posts
I've been running half worn A048s on the front and new R888s in the rear for a month or so and have noticed no ill effects of doing so in spirited street use. I've got no experience on the track with this setup.
:shift:

·
Registered
845 Posts
Should be fine for street use, but I've noticed that they do feel different, especially at the limit, so I would never recommend mixing them on the track.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Tail of the dragon isn't your everyday spirited street driving. It's closer to our canyons here in Malibu from my understanding. I would get matching tires if I were you. Sell the AO48s or give them to the Calif defector or buy some AO48 rears. The $100 bucks you might lose isn't worth something happening to you or your car. My 2¢. The R888s are a really good tire BTW.

Cheers,
Jacob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts