The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Previously posted weights were “approximate” via bathroom scales. Recent post of same/similar wheels from retailer lists weights as 11.5 & 13.4 lbs. Also, regarding concerns about cosmetic damage to one wheel and the fact that it did make enough contact to slightly bend one upper A-arm tube, I am selling the other three wheels for $1,350 (plus shipping) and throwing in the damaged wheel for free. I have had the wheel checked and was assured the wheel has no structural damage...not bent/out of round/etc. Contact me @ [email protected]
Purchased new, 2006 from Sector 111 and used as my 'street' wheels on my Elise. Approximately 10/12 lbs. each f/r, 16"x7"/17"x8". Sold car with 'autocross' original wheels. A few minor scratches/scuffs, mostly from careless tire mounters and some spots where stick-on weights were. Pix show worst scratches. Otherwise wheels are in excellent shape. Asking $1800 and will ship at buyers expense or can be picked up.
wheels-1.jpg

wheels-6.jpg

wheels-3.jpg

wheels-7.jpg

wheels-car.jpg

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
You should probably mention where you live for the "picked up" option.

San

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
Such great wheels! GLWS

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
These wont last long. GLWS

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey Larry, I didn't get any response in my email. I wrote the address the way I did to avoid spyware from picking it up, maybe just throw up a couple more posts so then you can accept private messages and also I will know that you got my message.
Thanks,

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Larry, I didn't get any response in my email. I wrote the address the way I did to avoid spyware from picking it up, maybe just throw up a couple more posts so then you can accept private messages and also I will know that you got my message.Thanks,
Riemer, I replied to your email twice because the first one gave me an error message. Anyhow, to you and others if you decide you don’t want the wheels: I took the pictured right front to Michel Tires Plus here in Lima and their tech put it on a balancer. They found no wobble or vibration and said they would have no reservations about mounting a tire on it. They also said you could call to have them verify this:
Michel Tires Plus, 2060 N. Cable Rd., Lima, OH - 419-221-1400 (Nathan Stewart, Automotive Technician)
So, yes my Elise was totaled and the right front was hit, but the only damage to the wheel is surface/cosmetic. And no other wheels were harmed in this experience. My email is [email protected]. Feel free to use it to contact me, since I apparently am not approved to use private messages.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts