The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to the interest in this wheel coming back in stock, I am going to start a waiting list for RAC Monolites.

To join the waiting list:
1. Put your name down on the list below.
2. Send me a PM soon afterwards with your name, email, and phone number.

These wheels are expected to arrive mid July. We will fulfill our pre-orders first then contact the waiting list below, then 24 hours later they will be live on our website for purchase.

This is not a financial commitment but at least a way to help forum members stay in the loop and not miss out on these wheels.

Feather-lite and Forged! For the track enthusiast who needs ultra light and super strong wheels. The RAC Monolites hail from Japan via our partners, Champion Motorsports. Designed specifically for your Lotus Elise or Exige. Built .5" wider for greater rubber-to-road contact and superior handling.

Lightweight and Strong

* Lightest 16x7/17x8 wheel combo for the Lotus!
o Fronts: 11.5lbs/wheel
o Rears 13.4lbs/wheel
* 1-Piece design:
o Higher structural integrity than multi-piece styles.
* World Class Japanese manufacturing process:
o 6061 Aluminum forged.
o Treated to T6 level during forging process.
* Excellent track or street wheel.
o Used by a significant number of our clients on track and street.

Champion Motorsports’ Quality Production Process

* Exact digital scans of the factory wheel and tire create the perfect building base.
* Virtual Finite Element Analysis tests and checks for structural integrity.
* Intense Physical Testing meets VIA, JWL and SAE standards.

Custom Spec’d Dimensions

* Fronts – 16x7 ET24.6.
* Rears – 17x8 ET31.6.
* No spacers or hub adapters required.
* .5" wider than the stock Sport wheels.
o Stretches the tire sidewall for an improved contact patch and reduced understeer.

Model Compatibility

* '05-'07 Elise
* '06 Exige & '07 Exige S
* Fits with both the Lotus Sport brakes and AP Racing Big Brake kit.

Price: $3050 for a set of 4.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The RAC Monolites are compatible with the 2008MY Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS). The sensors screw right in -- no modification necessary.

·
Registered
123 Posts
SPFCCM&T

If George Carlin hadn't taken the dirt nap to the godless realm of the ultimate recycling bin just days ago, he might have said:

Shinoo, and S111--I love you guys. Really. The FI kit gives me wood! Really. But. . .

$3k [for wheels!] buys a well-shopped Ducati 900ss. Half a really nice 916. Over 2/3 the FI kit. Spank that Viper/F430/GT3 with a supercharger! But $3k for WHEELS?

I have an '06 Exige NA [love the car] and a stack of other fun stuff. Bling is fun. RACs are sweet. Toys are fun.

But. . .

I can fvck!ng DIET off the weight lost when the weight of RACs are subtracted from LSS wheels. $3K?

PEOPLE. Take out the sound deadening and carpet for free. Buy a Deka ETX-14 battery. Take out the *gasp* passenger seat. Floor mats. A/C. Have a BM before taking to the track. Have two.

Ferfuxsake! $3k! For wheels? I thought the posers lived on Ferrari Chat [no offense to my good friend, Mike on Fchat. But--dude--you and the PCA guys, and yes, Ducati guys are generally uptight, image-whore dicks, friends or not]

The 111R is a CHEAP, LIGHT, UPSTART thorn in the side BONE STOCK to these other marques! It's PLASTIC wrapped around an aluminum can, glued together with orange spooge.

$3k spent on wheels? Buy the wife some earrings! Savings bonds for junior! Donations to local charities! College fund?

Get LOTs of track time! Take lessons? Drive the ****er! Do it so fast, nobody can tell you don't have pretty wheels.

Jeez! $3k.

My spleen is thoroughly vented. Thanks for your indulgence.-poke-

We'll miss you Mr. Carlin.

"****, piss, ****, ****, cocksucker, mother****er and tits! Those are the heavy seven. Those are the words that'll infect your soul, curve your spine and keep the country from winning the war.":clap:

·
Registered
123 Posts
misguided

RHT3, you're a total ***!

N/A Exige? Gay. Buy some wheels for that poseur Matrix-with-a-body-kit. At least it will LOOK like its fast.

Dude, you're old! "Since 1967." 41? Holy crap! Shumacher you're not! Maybe you should buy a nice golf cart and leave the Lotuses to those with a less-than-thready pulse? FI kit? Why don U jus' get a tuck-an-roll interior on your caddy, Ese?

Seriously, LTers. . .

Rather than posting to myself some more, I'd rather just say. . .

Hey, I'm with ya'll. But. Um. In the atmosphere of this "economic downturn" Gas @ $7 [by Dec.], 6-year warS, mortgage BUBBLE, food price "crisis" [see what happens when you "elect" an OIL MAN twice?], $3k for wheels might just get you ONE tank of gas by '09.

Only half joking. . .

$3k for WHEELS? And you're going to sign a WAITING list? Whaaaaaaat?

$3k? Wheels? Really?

Darfur. Myanmar. "Home"less. Ever volunteer? No? You're another a$$hole. "The Greatest Generation" calls you "a waste of sperm."

I won't apologize. Toys are great fun. Guilty. But. . . the time for dubs on an H2 are OVER. Drill your OWN ANWAR. Cigar after 9 holes? Puh LEEZE!

Elect ANYONE but a republican. ANYONE. PS: I'm from Arizona, McCain! Bring the troops HOME! NOW! Kick the illliterati OUT!

And please. . . spend your $3k on ANYTHING that matters. Outside your comfort zone. WHEELS for $3k? Are you serious?

Would you shoot a Bald Eagle. Maybe you'd like a nice black-footed-ferret taco? Do you have to be Ted Kazynski to act on a conscience these days?

Hunter S. Thompson, be glad Jonny Depp already shot your ashes out a cannon. Really, what else might you have done?

Dudes. . . $3k for wheels? Did you have your consciensces AMPUTATED?:mw:

Truman. Carter. Roosevelt [Teddy]. Alexander Payne. Ben Franklin. The list of founding fathers continues. Call me a slippery-slope fallacist for calling BS on this, but. . .

$3k wheels?

Spend the money where it matters. What happened to giving a ****?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maybe you should be looking at Rota's instead.

Some people highly value top quality, lightweight forged wheels, some dont, its all good.

Our Denag wheels are a much more economical forged wheel.

There are a lot of other more exensive wheels out there that make your car slower, HRE, iFORGED, Forgeline... $1000-$1500+ per wheel.

I think people like this wheel because its pure performance without the bling factor.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Semi-retraction

I am looking at Rotas for the Cooper S. The LSS are fine for the Exige. It's such a great car already. Pretty, for a tin can made with glue.:D

BTW: apologies if the rant offended anyone. Honestly, I enjoy ranting in the public forum. Sometimes. I just finished a discussion face to face with the moderator of a forum I belong to. We debated a bit about web appropriateness vs. uninfringed freedom of speech. We compromised and I agreed to maybe dull the edge of wit a bit in the public forum. Thanks to all.

Been a bad week. . .

Carlin was a hero of mine, in terms of freedom of expression. And, it's my understanding that phone companies will be granted retroactive immunity for SPYING on AMERICAN CITIZENS.:crazyeyes Unconstitutional! It's called an Ex post facto law. It's like charging someone for a crime when they commit it before it becomes illegal. Thanks again, George. "Dude, where's my surplus?"

I just really picked something to shout about. Exercise my freedom of speech while I have it. You understand.:shrug:

Thanks again.:shift:

[I still think $3k is too much for car jewelry.]

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
I am looking at Rotas for the Cooper S. The LSS are fine for the Exige. It's such a great car already. Pretty, for a tin can made with glue.:D

You and I are both buying Rotas. Let's face it. This is a metaphor for how we will be the rest of our lives; searching for bargain products, never quite able to get the best money can buy. Always a step behind our competition because we just couldn't swing for that extra dough.

We're doomed. :sheep:

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
A lighter wheel saves rotating weight of course, as well as unsprung weight.

Some of us are already dieted as thin as we can get. We have already removed carpet etc. for free. We want lighter.

xtn

·
Registered
664 Posts
RHT3... you just dont get it!
I had these wheels. One of the best upgrades. No, the best one! With Falken 615 they were AWESOME! Great improvement for only 3k! People - dont think twice! Get these wheels?

·
Registered
584 Posts
RHT3... you just dont get it!
I had these wheels. One of the best upgrades. No, the best one! With Falken 615 they were AWESOME! Great improvement for only 3k! People - dont think twice! Get these wheels?
I would be interested to know how much you felt these wheels improved acceleration and handling over the stock wheels, if you could state specifically, that would be great! Thanks.

I had been considering these wheels in conjunction with the Nitron Pros (because Frank [Ronin] said these dampers are the way to go when I spoke to him) as upgrades once I get my car. I would rather spend my money on mods that will clearly assist acceleration and handling at lower speeds than on the aero CF stuff that works better as the speeds pick up, since I do not plan on any track time.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts