The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rules are simple.

You pay $39 to get in. You get one practice run and one timed run. FTD moves on to Laguna Seca (all expenses paid) for finals. Winner at Laguna Seca gets a new Mazda 6.

You will be provided with a helmet and a car [Mazda6 V6]. Everyone will be racing the Mazda6. It will be automatic (so literally everyone can participate).

http://www.mazdarevitup.com/

There's also information about a performance driving school that'll be in LA and Orange County for the first two weekends of April. Sounds very interesting and I'm seriously considering signing up.

·
Member # 16
180 Posts
Their submission form isn't working. It's not nearly as cheap, but it's at least a level playing field to see how you compare to others. Allyson and I are going to do it, assuming that their submission thing starts working. We are going to run early Saturday so the course won't be as nice I don't think unless their street tires don't lay down any extra rubber.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Their tires *will* lay down rubber. We all know and love their tire sponsor...but I can't say anything for sure other than the tires have a 200 treadwear rating and you can't buy them from TireRack. :)

-la

·
Member # 16
180 Posts
Larry Andrews said:
Their tires *will* lay down rubber. We all know and love their tire sponsor...but I can't say anything for sure other than the tires have a 200 treadwear rating and you can't buy them from TireRack. :)

-la
I assumed as much, but didn't want to say anything. How much rubber do Azenis lay down? It can't be much compared to R compound can it?

The fastest time to run will probably be around 1 or 2 on Sunday... no wait I mean Saturday at 7am! ;)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Compared to after CP runs at nationals, it's not going to be a lot of rubber. Then again, a tire factory could explode and there'd be less rubber on the ground...

I think you'll be surprised...and as temp sensitive as the tires are, it's probably not safe to say that afternoon runs *will* be faster.

Sounds like fun...hope I can make it.

-la

1 - 5 of 5 Posts