The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I want to get a set of race ramps.

Using their measuring method it appears the front end of the car will clear without a problem when driving forward to lift the front wheels. However, they make no mention of the front end clearance when backing up onto the ramps when you're trying to raise the rear wheels.

They have two versions I'm looking at - the 56" long ramps that have an 8" height and the 67" long ramps that have a 10" height. I'm leaning toward the 67" ramps, but they are 2" higher and I don't know if the front end of the car will scrape the ground while I back onto them.

Does anyone have any experience with these ramps while backing up? I searched the forum and could not find any mention of front clearance while backing up.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Damn Dave, I was just checking out ramps to get myself and the same question crossed my mind. Thanks for posting! I'm leaning more on the 56", they're cheaper but since they're shorter, I figured there is more of an angle.

Ditto, what Dave asked!

And thanks for your help in advanced.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks like the angle is the same for the 56" and the 67" ramps. I'm concerned about the height of the ramps creating an angle that will scrape the front of the car while backing up onto them.

Anyone with these ramps please reply!

Damn Dave, I was just checking out ramps to get myself and the same question crossed my mind. Thanks for posting! I'm leaning more on the 56", they're cheaper but since they're shorter, I figured there is more of an angle.

Ditto, what Dave asked!

And thanks for your help in advanced.

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
I have lifted the rear of my car 13.25" without the front end scraping. No splitter on the front. YMMV.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
The rear is easier to clear on the Elise/Exige than the front. That said, if it clears the front, then the rear is easier (assuming standard ride height and diffuser).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts