The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BBC NEWS | Europe | Boy racers on Poland's streets

Poland has developed a novel approach to dealing with boy racers by organising a monthly free-for-all round a city's ring road.

The Radio 1 Newsbeat team travelled to Lodz, where the Street Legal event is proving very popular with racers and spectators alike.
Seems we see this over and over again, when significant number of people are breaking a specific law, the best thing the government can do is find a way to selectively legalize it.

Not really sure how this is specifically lotus related. Is there a better forum than general discussion?

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
This is the kind of thing that SHOULD be done in America, but often isn't due to short sighted politicians and way too may lawyers.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Just watched the video, it looks like drag racing?

I had to laugh at the small car with the tiny engine that had been upgraded to be able to do 'naught to 60 in less than 10 seconds!'.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
I think this is a great idea. Give the kids what they want in a safer environment. And make it so anyone caught in any high speed or speed exhibition infractions are banned. Everyone wins this way. Probably would be smarter to hold the event at a dragstrip, but the thought is sound.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Just watched the video, it looks like drag racing?

I had to laugh at the small car with the tiny engine that had been upgraded to be able to do 'naught to 60 in less than 10 seconds!'.
Was it a Fiat Maluch? Those things should really be banned from the road as they're not much faster than a farm tractor and pose a huge danger on most of Poland's highways.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts