The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sorry, I just like the look (in photos, anyway). I think it's classic looking and elegant, and adds an air of dignity to the car that the Yellow/Black just doesn't.

Any who've seen this color config at the LA show: how does it look in person?

I'm so confused :( I don't know what to get.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
I think the two look awesome.

It was very close to the color of my Lexus that I recently sold.

·
Registered
687 Posts
transio said:
I'm sorry, I just like the look (in photos, anyway). I think it's classic looking and elegant, and adds an air of dignity to the car that the Yellow/Black just doesn't.

Any who've seen this color config at the LA show: how does it look in person?

I'm so confused :( I don't know what to get.
It looks quite good in person. There is a lot of depth to the green. I thought I was set on silver/black until I saw this combo. Out of the cars that were there, I along with my brother thought it was the most classy and expensive looking. The reflectors don't stand out as much either on the darker colors.

Now I don't know what I want, and from other posts it looks like I'll have to decide by end of next week. I stood there looking at the two cars, and the cute Asian/British Lotus girl approached me saying she recognized me from the day before. I asked her preference between the two, and she said "definitely" the BRG, that "it's a classic color." My brother who once was urging me to get the silver, is now urging me to get BRG/Biscuit.

It's hard for me because I spent months rationalizing getting silver (easier to keep clean than my current black car, easier to see by SUVs, silver matches the modern lines). Going with BRG/Biscuit means more cleaning inside and out. My brother countered that if I'm worried about that, why not get an '83 Ford sedan.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
BRG has been high on my list, I do agree with people above, BRG/Biscuit would look great. Add a couple of stripes and you're there. My only concern with darker cars has been due to a recent comment by Arno. He mentioned that the fibre glass is white and paint chips would show very well on darker cars.
If forced to order before actually seeing a Liz I'd order this combo, but I'd love to see a COM (albeit the pricing is making it harder to swallow)

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Frayed,
That is the Elise type 25, it's a heritage edition, had red interior with Lotus crest in the head rest, it unfortunately wont come here, we've been asking for a stripe option to recreate that color. It also had black wheels.
cheers,

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
frayed said:
It is beautiful though.

Hopefully, a good body shop can duplicate the stripes.
Or more hopefully Lotus will offer a stripes option, BRG with yellow, Red with white etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts