The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen racing stripes on a Chrome Orange Elise other than black?

Just curious...I have been using my copy of "Need for Speed: Undercover" on the PS3 to try some designs :)

:nanner:

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I vote for NFB stripes. Some other blue would probably be interesting as well... and interesting is probably an accurate description of what it would look like. But it's worth a gander.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
+1 on the NFB.

I've seen Laser Blue with Chrome Orange stripes, the reverse might also work, but it sure stands out!

The Solar yellow might be a nice subtle stripe, with thin white border stripes. Would have to see if that might turn out too subtle, though.

A burgundy metallic might also look good (Canyon Red or Bordeaux Red Pearl).

White would also work if you can get over the Dreamsicle image.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
shocked nobody has offered up the krypton green
the CO is loud enough - add the KG and the car would be radioactive :)

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
The gunmetal was a good one (metallic not matte), maybe a lighter silver.

I have seen one with the light blue club racer color that looked great with CO which I didn't know could work that nicely or a ghosted look with orange metallic and a thin color stripe to make it pop a bit. I really like seeing the flat car vs metallic stripe or the other way around.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
I was thinking 'Gulf' blue stripes also.....or NFB...or white with a black pinstripe border.....like Nemo. :D

Or what about matte chrome orange stripes?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Get a stripe so wide it covers the whole car, I mean so crazy it covers every inch of the Orange so you don't see orange anymore. That would look great.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Only thing I could stomach on a CO is Flat Black.

There's a CO Exige on the boards here with a nice Flat Black vinyl job on it... If I find it, I will post a link.

-M

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
I would just get one single 11" black center stripe. Kind of how my car is in my avatar but without the silver pinstripe...and get glossy black.

Black and orange go together as well as anything...a different style might give you the uniqueness you're looking for? That's what I did (obviously).

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Some of those combos go against anything anyone has ever taught me about colour theory :p

Here are a couple picks:

Rainy Day Mimosa:

Muted Bermuda:

Une Jupe Jaune:

Some solid blues seen in Encore of What?

and Thursday:

Alright here's a more risky one, you might come off looking like a bad mango. Glenridding:

Remember, you're using vinyls made by an outside company, so they don't necessarily have to be Lotus-selected hues. This gives you options, so get creative.

Hope some of that helps!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts