The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just happen to have fox news on and there was a news article with Derrick Rose, the new Chicago Bull. Someone was running in the background and looked like she was avoiding being in the camera shot. Was that you? :shrug:

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
:D

Yeah, that was me, but I wasn't trying to get out of their shot.....just trying to get the best shot of Rose I could and not get run over by a car in the parking lot. We had 2 cameras there, so not all the shots of him are mine. Here's our story....

abc7chicago.com: Bulls No. 1 pick pleads guilty to speeding 7/14/08

Not a bad result though for him......he was doing 106 in a 65, pleads guilty, and only pays a $1,000 fine and 6 months of supervision.....if he successfully completes the supervision, the whole thing is wiped off his record.

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
probably a case where being a celebrity DIDNT help his cause.
abt a year and a half ago i was busted doing 125 in a 55....(b4 i had my radar/laser detector/diffusers installed) and paid my lawyer 400 bucks and got a 250 dollar fine and 3 months supervision.
funny thing is, when i raised concern over whether the state can take my license, he said it wasnt a license revocating offense. (reckless driving was NOT cited) i asked if i was doing 180 if they could take my license and he said no.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Hmmmmmm, I can't get it to play either. Let me try again. But this is a link to OUR stations story. Since we had 2 cameras there, I COULD be in our own video. Usually I just end up on the other station's video. I did not have my hair pulled back yesterday, so whoever you are seeing is not me. I am the blonde in the black tank top. I must be on the FOX video though, since that's where El saw me.

I'm sure they would set the example with me on this.....maximum fine and order my car crushed and made into a coffee table.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
worked fine for me....

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
GOing 106 in a 65 MPH zone. DIdn't realize he was going that first. Oh I buy that, he probably thought he was only going 102. I guess he thought everybody else was just going 30 mph on a freeway.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Ok.. maybe I missed it but for the rest of us who don't know you and think it's cool when one of us is on the big screen....

which one are you?:nanner:
The tall blonde holding a TV camera on the right side of the screen......but don't waste a lot of time looking.....you're only going to be disappointed, trust me. :(

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
The tall blonde holding a TV camera on the right side of the screen......but don't waste a lot of time looking.....you're only going to be disappointed, trust me. :(
Both the first and last videos played for me and I saw you in both as he comes down the stairs out of the courthouse. :)

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
Oh well, didn't work at all for me.....BUT I've met you in person, so it doesn't matter !!>> ( hijack ) are you coming to our Gingerman event on Aug 11 ?? ( C'mon, treat yourself to a track day for your birthday ! )

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
nope...not working
I can get the initial ads to play at home but then it just quits. At work I can get about 1/2 sec of the "loading" rotating arrows but then it quits. And I haven't met Tracy in person, although I think my entire family wouldn't mind meeting her ;).

1 - 20 of 39 Posts