The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the fuse for my AC and high speed fan and now my fan will not turn off. I pulled the fuse 20 minutes after turning the car off and pulling the keys for the ignition, because the fan was still running. What should I check and where would it be?
Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
Joe,
They do stay on if the engine temperature is high enough.

Heat Soak
In order to help control engine temperature after switching off an engine whose temperature is over 88°C,
the ECU will remain powered for a period of 20 minutes to allow heat soak management.
A coolant re-circulation electric pump is mounted below the coolant header tank and is plumbed into the
heater supply line. When energised, the pump circulates coolant through the engine and heater system,
drawing coolant from the back of the cylinder head, and pumping it through the heater matrix to the heater
return pipe and back into the thermostat housing. The pump functions only with ignition off in conditions where the ECU remains live. The pump is then activated at coolant temperatures over 110°C, switching off at 100°C on fall. If temperature should rise to 115°C, the pump will be supplemented by the two cooling fans running at half speed, switching off at 110°C on fall.

If the temperature is normal, it may be a defective A/C Control Module.
Michael

1 - 2 of 2 Posts