The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems pretty strange not to offer install instructions on something as critical as brakes
I have a track day tomorrow, so I need to get the car back up and running.

Bought their 38MM calipers and rear radial mount brackets.
Using the stock inlet (on the back of the caliper) for the brakeline puts the brakeline right through the coils of the spring, see photo below.

I'm assuming I have to delete one of these nice dual bleeders and move that bleeder to the back.
Also, torque with regards to the bolts, both bolting boe mounts to the hub and bolting the calipers to the mounts, any ideas?

Got a track day tomorrow and the car is completely appart so I'm trying to get it back together right now.

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Seems pretty strange not to offer install instructions on something as critical as brakes
I have a track day tomorrow, so I need to get the car back up and running.

Bought their 38MM calipers and rear radial mount brackets.
Using the stock inlet (on the back of the caliper) for the brakeline puts the brakeline right through the coils of the spring, see photo below.

I'm assuming I have to delete one of these nice dual bleeders and move that bleeder to the back.
Also, torque with regards to the bolts, both bolting boe mounts to the hub and bolting the calipers to the mounts, any ideas?

Got a track day tomorrow and the car is completely appart so I'm trying to get it back together right now.
No Photo!

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No Photo!
Sorry, the stock inlet for the 38MM calipers is basically right on the back, looks like a 90 degree banjo fitting is what should be used there but the stock brake lines are straight. which pushes the brake line right into the spring. This obviously can't be what's intended

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also puts that ABS sensor wire awfully close to the axle... which I'm a bit uncomfortable with as well

·
He's on fire!
3,255 Posts
You should have received new calipers, brackets, new lines, and this part in the center of the picture.

also, hope you have a 3mm spacer for the rear wheels with this setup.

Reactions: Ls1Rx7

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You should have received new calipers, brackets, new lines, and this part in the center of the picture.

also, hope you have a 3mm spacer for the rear wheels with this setup.

Thanks guys I actually just heard back from BOE on a Friday night pointing out that banjo bolt which had fallen to the bottom of the package below the packing material.
Now that makes more sense.

I actually have aftermarket wheels with a larger offset. Even with the LSS wheels I have spacers already from an old setup.

Thanks again and shout out to BOE for responding on a Friday night

1 - 7 of 7 Posts