The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I just heard about radial tire from a coworker. He says they are motorsports friendly and has/can get more aggressive rubber that normal tire places don't stock. Does anyone have any experience with these guys? How do you feel about their prices and quality of service?

www.radialtirecompany.com

·
Registered
631 Posts
Very good prices, usually fast but uneven service. I've had three sets of tire replacements there. The last time I had to comeback after I called to confirm that they could accommodate me quickly. Upon arriving after driving 45 minutes to get there, I was told the wait would be a couple of hours which I did not have time for. On my second visit I still had to wait two hours and they scratched one wheel. Later that same week, I had my car checked out prior to a track day and was told that one wheel needed balancing. I don't think I'd ever go back to Radial.

They are very motorsport friendly and quite knowledgeable.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm, that makes me sad. I would be able to work around the wait, but for them not to do what you paid them for is unacceptable.

·
Registered
631 Posts
It was only one bad experience and most people have great things to say about them. If I were you, I'd give them a shot. Just don't give them the benefit of the doubt.

·
Registered
73 Posts
In my racing days, I only dealt with Paul at Radial Tire. He is the best, if I was taking my Lotus to a shop, he is the only one I would trust with the car.

Your better possible option (which I use) is to buy the tires from Tire Rack, ship to your house, then take your wheels and new tires to a local shop to mount and balance. Save yourself a Qball.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In my racing days, I only dealt with Paul at Radial Tire. He is the best, if I was taking my Lotus to a shop, he is the only one I would trust with the car.

Your better possible option (which I use) is to buy the tires from Tire Rack, ship to your house, then take your wheels and new tires to a local shop to mount and balance. Save yourself a Qball.
Thanks for the tip, but my grocery getter isn't the most utilitarian. -poke-

·
Registered
180 Posts
Have nothing but good things to say about Radial tire. They're all racers and are a sponsor of DC region SCCA. They'll take good care of you. Can't speak for their pricing.

Jim A

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
They are the Toyo tire race outlet; you won't get a lower price on R888s.

Don't drive your Lotus there, just take the wheels. The driveway is very steep, not undoable, but ...

You can't Qball because the cars are handjacked.

I got my last two sets of tires there.

Speed cameras on the way in and out - warning!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts