The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m not sure if this should go under electrical. I recently replaced the SPAL fans in my ‘06 Exige I matched the wiring exactly. Previously, one of the fans was not turning on and the car was running hot (207°) after spirited driving. I replaced the fans and now they both run non-stop even when cold. I searched the forums for similar issues. I don’t want to rig up a switch and I want to rectify the problem properly, thoughts??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
508 Posts

·
508 Posts
Here's an old link...https://www.lotustalk.com/threads/radiator-cooling-fans-run-full-speed-all-the-time.83303/

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It looks like I should go with replacing 1: the ECU temp sensor then test, 2: the fan relay pack then test, 3: the trinary switch after evacuating the A/C system then test.

·
508 Posts
Quick question is your AC on when the fans are running? I can't check my car's on jack stands right now but it seemed to me that if the AC was on the fans were always running...or I could just be getting senile lol I can check later in the week when it's all back together.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quick question is your AC on when the fans are running? I can't check my car's on jack stands right now but it seemed to me that if the AC was on the fans were always running...or I could just be getting senile lol I can check later in the week when it's all back together.
No A/C on and fans on high from the moment I actuate the ignition from a cold start.

·
Premium Member
2,308 Posts
If the sensor was the issue the temp gauge would show high

Since you worked on the fans, start there, next would be switch pack module

1 - 12 of 12 Posts