The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Radiator fans constantly running...?

2K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  exigegus 
#1 ·
I’m not sure if this should go under electrical. I recently replaced the SPAL fans in my ‘06 Exige I matched the wiring exactly. Previously, one of the fans was not turning on and the car was running hot (207°) after spirited driving. I replaced the fans and now they both run non-stop even when cold. I searched the forums for similar issues. I don’t want to rig up a switch and I want to rectify the problem properly, thoughts??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Reactions: Gotham1
#6 ·
Here's an old link...https://www.lotustalk.com/threads/radiator-cooling-fans-run-full-speed-all-the-time.83303/

#8 ·
Quick question is your AC on when the fans are running? I can't check my car's on jack stands right now but it seemed to me that if the AC was on the fans were always running...or I could just be getting senile lol I can check later in the week when it's all back together.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.