The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Elan m100 radiator removal

Hi,

I need to remove the radiator, someone knows how to remove the radiator?

Regards

·
Registered
59 Posts
HI.

Welcome to the Lotus Talk forum.

Removal of the radiator is done from under the car (along with a bit of access from above). It's been a while since I've done it. But I believe I removed the bolts that attach the lower radiator frame to the lower under frame, I also believe I removed the fans to give more access.

I've attached the info from the service manual for you. It makes it sound an easy job. I seem to remember it being a bitch to get out.
but goes back in a lot quicker once you have removed it.

Hope that this helps. If you need the rest of the service manual, let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HI.

Welcome to the Lotus Talk forum.

Removal of the radiator is done from under the car (along with a bit of access from above). It's been a while since I've done it. But I believe I removed the bolts that attach the lower radiator frame to the lower under frame, I also believe I removed the fans to give more access.

I've attached the info from the service manual for you. It makes it sound an easy job. I seem to remember it being a bitch to get out.
but goes back in a lot quicker once you have removed it.

Hope that this helps. If you need the rest of the service manual, let me know.
Hi,

I need to remove the front bumper to remove the radiator?

·
Registered
59 Posts
NO. Front bumper does not need to be removed. I have changed mine 2 X and have never removed the front bumper to get the radiator out.
Put the car on axel stands and remove the radiator support frame, Y brackets as per the service manual above.
I chose to also remove the fans, but I seem to think that the upper nuts are quite difficult to remove.
Radiator comes out from below the car, so make sure that you have enough ground clearance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts