The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was there a mid year model change from silver to black on the '07 Exige radiators? I have seen both. Just curious.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
there was a running change. at one point, after a couple of rad failures on S's, i suspected there to be some correlation to the color. see this thread:
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44962

there has not been a deluge of rad fails reported, so the color probably was a supplier change, not a design change.

$0.02
FWIW, I had to get the silver radiator replaced on my 06 elise about 6 months ago give or take, and the local lotus dealer said there was a back order on the radiators because there had been a recent run on them....

pete k: why the :sad: ?

You have nothing to fear but... fear itself, and the usual other stuff that all us elise/exige drivers fear. :)

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
i hear that once you go black.... you never go back

....just what i have heard

·
Registered
138 Posts
FWIW, I had to get the silver radiator replaced on my 06 elise about 6 months ago give or take, and the local lotus dealer said there was a back order on the radiators because there had been a recent run on them....

pete k: why the :sad: ?

You have nothing to fear but... fear itself, and the usual other stuff that all us elise/exige drivers fear. :)
just a data point - i had the radiator replaced on my s, about 2000 miles into owning it. i don't know what colour the old or new one was though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts