The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, I'll throw down first but show us your best and worst styling changes on your Lotus'

All of the visible aluminum will be either covered by carbon panels or painted black, so visualize it all blacked out.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Nothing too radical. I filled in the seam and remove front plate mount. I have wire mesh for the center. Just put the clam back on yesterday.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
The filled seam looks great...

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
heres some shots with a good camera.....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
maybe i can get some ideas in this thread...

i dont know what else i can do to the outside of my car besides changes the black plastic grills to black mesh

·
Registered
2008 Exige S240
3,072 Posts
wow, nice Elise...I have the gut fender air extractors as well (awesome)

Are your Reverie "gills" (whatever they are called) functional?
Your sills look amazing...who makes them? Do you have to step further out
when getting out now to avoid the sill?

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
If you guys removing the plinths and seams need custom made clear bra, just let me know. I've already made the plinthless one, other changes shouldn't be a big deal.

·
Registered
195 Posts
MNlotus, nice shots, I especially like the last one where the wheels can actually be seen, they look painted silver in that shot unless it's just the light reflecting.....

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
those fender vents in the rear would help with removing hot air from the engine bay.you would have to remove the fender liners for them to remove the high pressure air getting packed in the wheel area.they look really sharp though.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Pink wheels anyone?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
wow, nice Elise...I have the gut fender air extractors as well (awesome)

Are your Reverie "gills" (whatever they are called) functional?
Your sills look amazing...who makes them? Do you have to step further out
when getting out now to avoid the sill?
thanks, yes they are. TJ at FVMC cut holes in my wheel liners and put mesh over the liners and on the back of the louvers. my car is incredibly stable at speeds of 120+, with all the aero upgrades. the gut fender also has cut holes in the liner. the side sills are from reverie, and you cant really notice them that much getting out.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts