The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live on the outskirts of nowhere (all asphalt roads at least) and the radio is almost always staticy until i'm in the middle of town. Anyone else have this problem? my Elise does have the upgraded sound with alpine amps

-Aaron

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
The greatest sensetivity gains are garnered by re-routing the antena wire for better reception. While you are in there, re route the key fob remote antena too. A lot of Elise/Exige have poor reception.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have seen this, I hate to be a forum newb, but do you have a link to one of the articles talking about how to do this in the forum?

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
The search engine for the forum is "weak". I suggest you go to google and search for:
"lotus talk elise ( and whatever you are actually search for, such as ANTENNA RELOCATION or WEAK RADIO. This method usually gives good links (based on how well you word your query).

·
Premium Member
5,176 Posts
Ty looking in the "electrical" forum. Under the alarm gives the mod to make the key fob work from a distance. This is a nice, quick, easy, and free mod you can do in about a half hour. Under the same "electrical" forum there is a heading of Audio. The antenna mod would be under that one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts