The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any body have a clue where the fuse is for the radio? Thanks.

·
Happy To Be Here
814 Posts
There are two fuses for the radio. One will be on the back of the head unit and the other will be in the passenger footwell. The passenger footwell fuse appears to be C6. Attached is the best image I could find on short notice of the fuse layout. Because of this, ignore the highlighted fuses because those were related to someone else’s problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
My evora 400 also has a fuse for the subwoofer amplifier in the rear driver side fuse box. What is the rationale for having fuses on both the head unit and the amplifier as well as the fuses in the fuse boxes?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. C6 was burnt out. Got a new one and radio is working fine now but the sub stopped working. Amp fuse behind the driver seat was not burnt out. Now gotta tear into the sub area to see if the 2nd amp fuse is burnt.

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
Before you tear into the sub area for the fuse, make sure you try adjusting the radio settings to see if it just needs an adjustment (esp. if radio has reset). Been there, done that. Couple of hours of my life I'll never get back. :(

·
Happy To Be Here
814 Posts
I second Chrome’s opinion. Go through the radio settings first. I even went as far as spending a few hundred on a replacement amp only to find out the sub was just turned down in the HU settings. I spent a heap of time tearing my back seat apart to find the green light on and the amp working fine.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I found these instructions for setting up the audio in my Evora 400

Is this what you mean by adjusting the radio settings? If the subwoofer is on and the level is turned up and it still isn't working and the main amplifier fuse is OK then at that point is there anything else other than the subwoofer amplifier that could be the problem?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all but the radio and sub used to work fine. Settings in radio are the same. When I had a power surge it blew my radio fuse and other issues still tracking down.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I found these instructions for setting up the audio in my Evora 400

Is this what you mean by adjusting the radio settings? If the subwoofer is on and the level is turned up and it still isn't working and the main amplifier fuse is OK then at that point is there anything else other than the subwoofer amplifier that could be the problem?
Must say, have never turned on radio until reading this. So for a fun Sunday afternoon, programmed as directions noted. Listened to radio for first time, programmed, and listened for second. Definite difference! Not the person to say better or worse (for obvious reasons)!!

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
Try not running the sub at max all the time. You were clipping the amp and it blew.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Try not running the sub at max all the time. You were clipping the amp and it blew.
No, I made a booboo and shorted the main battery when installing a new one. Radio and sub were the only thing not working after battery install. All is in working order now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts