The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*** Disregard ... did a search and found my answer ****

So I just had my newly acquired 2007 Exige S delivered last week.

Any time I turn on the headlights, it blanks out the FM radio reception completely. Nothing but static.

Anyone else experience this?

Any idea what's going on or how to rectify without taking it in to the shop?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
There's an FM radio? My solution, Ipod. :D

To your question, no idea. The car is probably still under warranty though.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
someone listens to music in their car ??? :shrug:

·
Registered
270 Posts
If the previous owner had HIDs installed, this is the cause. There are numerous reports of these interfering with radio reception when turned on. I've noticed it from time to time when I can actually get reception.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If the previous owner had HIDs installed, this is the cause. There are numerous reports of these interfering with radio reception when turned on. I've noticed it from time to time when I can actually get reception.
Yep ... this is it.

During long boring stretches of highway and at certain times of day (Bob and Tom in the morning) I must have some radio stations. However, I refuse to pay for XM. Reminds me too much of cable TV: pay for 200 channels, you get 5 good ones and everything else is crap.

·
Registered
580 Posts
The problem is with the proximity of the front clam antenna to the HID ballasts and wiring. The best solution is to rig up another antenna elsewhere in the car. Best place for it is inside the rear clam, opposite the battery.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts