The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just today my radio stays on when the car is off. I recently assembled all my gauges and aftermarket stuff to an aftermarket fuse block. Even after i removed the connection for the fuse block my headunit stays on. Any suggestions? Im thinking it might be a factory relay doing this. Help me out please!

·
Premium Member
11,985 Posts
Are you saying:

1. The radio will not turn off with it's power button? (Guessing this isn't what you mean...)

or

2. There is always power going to the radio even with the ign key out?

There are two power wires going to the radio. One is always hot, the other is keyed.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The radio actually doesnt have an off button, but when the constant and ignition touch, the unit turns on, no matter what other orientation the wires are, it will not turn on. However the only way to get it to turn on, is also the only reason it wont turn off when the key is removed. The only way to turn it off is to remove the battery/separate power and ignition wire

·
Registered
663 Posts
you should have two power lines for the deck. One is for a constant power source and the other is for one that turns on/off with the ignition.

The main power line is what supplies power to the deck

The other line is what tells the radio when to turn on or off. If this line is connected to a source that always stays on it will not turn off. Same with a amp, it has a remote on line as well as a power line that goes directly to the battery. Remote line must be connected to a source that goes on/off with the ignition/radio.....

My guess is the wire which many times is yellow is on a constant source and not one that goes on/off with the ignition

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea yellow is constant. However i have not touched the radio wiring in a year and the issue just started. I took it apart to make sure no wires were rubbing. I played with the wiring, and only when the constant and ignition touch it will power on, no matter how i switch the wires around. But then it wont shut off. Im going to re solder the connections today and see if i can sort it out

·
Premium Member
11,985 Posts
Confused a bit.

Are you saying the constant power wire and the ignition power wire must touch what?

each other? radio?

When you put voltmeter on ign power with key off, is it live??

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
So heres what i got;
Factory wiring does not match what ive found online. All the black/grey and black/white wires are speaker +\-.

However i have left-2005 btw. notice on this diagram it says GR (green/red) and YG (yellow/green) get tied together to ignition switch fuse, however i do not have a yellow/green wire. the only one i think of is m red/yellow wire. here are the 3 non speaker wires that i have left in the harness.
Green (with red stripe)-?
Purple-?
Red (with yellow stripe)

My pioneer wiring that remains is as follows
Yellow-constant
Red-switch 12v ignition
Orange (white stripe)- illumination

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bump. cant believe im so confused on a radio setup. some body help me please!!

·
Premium Member
11,985 Posts
Now you're confusing me.

Just use voltmeter to ascertain which of the car's wires is constant 12 and which is switched.

Not sure if I'm missing something.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did, the switched power wire off the fuse wasnt reading anything. I assume i overpowered the wire itself. I ended up running switched power from the start button, and tan my aftermarket fuse box off that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts