The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to turn on the radio in a Elise? It has the Alpine head unit, and I ran off and forgot the remote (Guy is shipping it). Is there any way to get it on with out it? Pushed power button, and nothing. The guy said once it is turned off by the remote, u have to use the remote to turne it back on!!
BUT WITH THE SOUND THE CAR MAKES< WHO NEEDS TO MESS IT UP WITH TUNES!!!!!

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
There's a remote? Why? You can't reach the radio, lol?

I know you just bought the car fatbug57, I'm just saying, the car is so small why in gods name is there a remote, lol.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
don't know, but had a Land Rover once and the only way you could turn on the radio was with the remote. When I push the power button nothing happens, that is why I think the guy might be telling the truth. I was woundering if anyone knows how to turn it on with out the remote, because it will not be here until Tus of next week. Also stuped question, but where is the horn? If it is the small button behind the key, it is not working eather, might be a fuse.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Its the button on the EXTREME upper left hand corner of the radio. Push and hold.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will tyr that when the flood ends here. Thanks for the info, but what about the horn?

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
Well, on my car the horn is on the steering wheel. If your hands are on the wheel at 9 and 3, you can access the horn with your thumbs. The button on the steering column is to reset your trip odometer.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Will try that also, with the horn, the radio does not come on, no matter how long you hold down the button.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Has anyone ever noticed that you can keep your factory radio on in the Elise after the key is removed? Not sure if this is a glitch or what but, if you turn the key over so the radio starts, turn key off and remove, hit the button as if you were going to remove the face, or take a cd out, then flip back up and the radio stays on...... Has anyone else ever noticed this?

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Has anyone ever noticed that you can keep your factory radio on in the Elise after the key is removed? Not sure if this is a glitch or what but, if you turn the key over so the radio starts, turn key off and remove, hit the button as if you were going to remove the face, or take a cd out, then flip back up and the radio stays on...... Has anyone else ever noticed this?
Not me I wish mine would just come on!!!rotfl

·
Super Moderator
5,459 Posts
Never tried it in the Elise but my Landrover has this feature and the radio switches off after 10minutes or so.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Yeah I noticed this as well. IIRC VWs used to be like this as well.

·
Registered
470 Posts
fatbug,

is it a removable face? if so try removing and putting it back on

If it a removable face or a flip down face there should be a small reset button. try pushing it using a paperclip.

also another thing to try would be to disconnect the battery so the radio resets. It may be set with a factory default to be on.

if you have a car stereo place near buy, they might have a remote you could borrow just to turn it on. i know the shops around are pretty cool and would help

i dont know if any of those would work but give them a try.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts