The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a super charged 2007 (greddy) and am trying to install a radium catch can set. The spot where I am supposed to mount the cans has a fuel hose already attached to a bracket. The fuel hose says not to kink it or anything and also takes up the space where the cans are supposed to fit. The catch can instructions (http://data.radiumauto.com/PublicDocs/19-0010A.PDF) say to remove all brackets and mount the cans. Do I need relocate this line? Any help would be appreciated. Here is the picture with the hose in question (it says FUEL).

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Capture.JPG

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You have it going under the can bracket? I did find a post from Radium where they said there instructions weren't great because they showed an install on a car with their surge tank (so the line was routed differently). Radium was able to secure the fuel line over the catch can bracket. I'm not sure which would be better, I'd hate for it rub and break.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Put it under, the bends are less stressed that way. They put a U bend and pointing down because that's where all the flex is.

Also, if you put it over, it will most likely hit the rear firewall.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mattjk - my new rubber clamps should arrive today. One more question (hopefully) - it is hard to tell from the picture but it looks like you sandwiched the fuel line with the can bracket. Did you do that or is it actually underneath and not touching the bracket? Thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Once the hose is clamped, there is about 1/2" of space between the bracket and the hose with the foam cover. It doesn't touch.

Reactions: onboost91

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all your advice! I installed the Radium catch cans last evening (with a few rookie mistakes). As recommended, I carefully forced the fuel line down a little bit and attached it using one of the new 1/2in clamps (installed upside down to hold the line a tiny bit lower). As you noted, the fuel line does fit under the catch can bracket though on mine the rubber on the clamp is touching. I don't think it will be an issue but I'll certainly keep an eye on it. Getting the PCV hoses attached from the catch cans to the valve cover was a major pain since they were short and aren't very flexible. I accidentally cut the larger of the supplied PCV hoses about 1.5 inches too short. It doesn't seem to budge so I'm not sure it will cause any issues or leak but I'm going to try to track down a new one just in case (I'd rather not have to buy 25 ft of it for just 4.5 inches). I dropped the old fuel line bracket and I heard it drop down onto the under tray so I guess I'll get some practice in taking that off next!

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Yep, I had to use a new hose as well, that one was too hard to stretch over.

Reactions: onboost91
1 - 9 of 9 Posts