The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
rain sets off alarm?

Well being in the wonderful weather predictable state of FL its hard to ovoid the rain. So here I was at work 100 feet from my car (20 ft out of alarm range) when my alarm goes off. I look out the window to find its in fact my alarm and as I open the door to get close enough to stop the alarm it shuts off?

Why would the alarm go off for rain? why only for 15 seconds?

·
Registered
676 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
make sure interior dome light is pointed down.
Make sure your interior light is facing/pointing upwards, so the proximity sensor is off and the alarm won't go off randomly.
LOL I'm so confused now.

The switch is down and my soft top is on. Some people say up is off some say down, that is so confusing? Also looks like the real issue is the engine lid sensor, when water gets on it it triggers? I guess this is not big concern since the alarm stops. Be nice to get some definites here.

SirLotus
U.S. Cobra Distributer
Incidentally, the up position does not bypass the Microwave sensor.
Michae
yet so many people say otherwise

Interesting, because Cobra state that it is not supposed to go into alarm and mine certainly does not. I guess does not apply, it should be "SDTS"
Michael
Hand made cars...

also found this interesting http://www.pistonheads.com/GASSING/topic.asp?h=0&t=1075868&mid=0&nmt=rain+triggering+the+alarm Weezere's post.

·
Wow Such Admin
6,958 Posts
Bypassing the microwave sensor is done with the remote. Read your owners manual. There is lots of good info in it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
The front cable on my soft top was rigged too tight and it broke the sealant holding the seal down on the front corners. That allowed water to leak down the beam and onto the alarm unit and set it off

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bypassing the microwave sensor is done with the remote. Read your owners manual. There is lots of good info in it.
Yup I was aware, I was only commenting on the advice given.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts