The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thanks to Dr. Conemangler for the pic, great composition!

If ya can't be fast, be spectacular

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
I sent Ron about 10 pics from this years' BW. I didn't take many pics, but all of them were of the morning heats so SCNAX is well represented. He has posted them all on the main website.

Go to www.solo2.com and click the "Buttonwillow Picks" link.

Most everybody here got a copy of a pic of their car if I had one. I emailed them out last night.

I still owe people pics from BW 2001!!!! I figure I better move on these before I got too many years behind!

Now if I can figure out a way to keep Stacey, who has a great eye for timing the action, to learn how to use my zoom AND to stop pointing the camera into the sun......

·
Member # 16
180 Posts
Larry Andrews said:
Rallycross!!! WooHoo!!!

If anybody ever gets the chance, do it. It's more fun than you can imagine... :)

-la
I'm trying to talk Allyson into doing it. She isn't game so far, she is worried about the paint. Baby. :D I was going to point out the crazy mud flaps I saw on a WRX last weekend but I didn't get to show her (that might be enough to convice her that he quattro would be safe).

·
Registered
113 Posts
I was walking in from the first corner station you hit going counter clockwise on Saturday. Stacey had lost her numberboard so I was going in to fetch it.

SCREECHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I turn around and Darryl is sideways pointing at the dirt....

My shot is of him all the way around and starting to drive back on course.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i thought sure it was right there at the turn before going up the hill (Saturday) but when i walked the course Sunday it didn't seem right.....but now that i see the pic and Steve's comments, i was right, just before the hill.

that sure is a big cloud :D :D and thats after i hit, took me a second to hit the wiper so i could see....LOL

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Solo2 site pics

great pics on the solo2 site Steve!

Stacey's shot looks funny, she's hidden in the shadows and the A pillar, looks like nobodys driving :D :D

Will just looks why too relaxed, kicking back with shades on out for a Sunday drive......shesh...LOL

and man are James' wheels even touching the ground? (615 STS - red civic)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Re: Solo2 site pics

mazdaspeedwest said:
great pics on the solo2 site Steve!

and man are James' wheels even touching the ground? (615 STS - red civic)
You gotta see the video of his spin. Maybe at the next SCNAX meeting? And Will also has video of the white Subie spinning.

Here's a pic of him in the middle of a spin. His version of off-roading.:) I wonder if this qualifies as "2 wheels off course?"

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
that is just way to crazy dude!!!!!!!!!! it's so ruthless, or make that roofless.....that little civic is a rag doll....i can't wait to see the video... i MUST SEE IT SOON!!!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Chris Robertson said:

I'm trying to talk Allyson into doing it. She isn't game so far, she is worried about the paint. Baby. :D I was going to point out the crazy mud flaps I saw on a WRX last weekend but I didn't get to show her (that might be enough to convice her that he quattro would be safe).
The next one I can make it to, both of you are welcome to drive my CRX. It works great for rallycross! Me and Steve O'blenes had a ball driving it...managed to pick up a ton of silt that took weeks to get out. SO MUCH FUN!

·
Registered
25 Posts
i can't wait to see the video... i MUST SEE IT SOON!!!!
http://kalman.org/will/james_snap.mpg

1.1MB - no sound, I decided to give Lori a break by not including her vocalizations during the spin :p

·
Member # 16
180 Posts
Larry Andrews said:

The next one I can make it to, both of you are welcome to drive my CRX. It works great for rallycross! Me and Steve O'blenes had a ball driving it...managed to pick up a ton of silt that took weeks to get out. SO MUCH FUN!
Just let me know when you're going again. I do think it would be a blast to go rallying with a RWD, tons of drifting. An AWD woudl just be fast (plus 4 wheel drifting). Who puts on those events?

Thanks for the video Will. I'm amazed that we have so many pictures of James and his two wheelin' adventures. Steve are the pics you took of the same instance? Or did he do that on another part of the course?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Will, I love your work! We need to get together and do some editing of our footage for the end of the year dinner!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Chris Robertson said:

Who puts on those events?

www.californiarallyseries.com

That's the link for the local group that runs rallycrosses. Usually they're in Corona at a paintball park's parking lot. Lots of fun, and about $30 for a few runs.

Will make a mess of your car!

I think that FWD is actually a bit better than RWD in off-road use. Kind of the same thing that makes FWD good in snow...

-la

·
Member # 16
180 Posts
Larry Andrews said:

www.californiarallyseries.com

That's the link for the local group that runs rallycrosses. Usually they're in Corona at a paintball park's parking lot. Lots of fun, and about $30 for a few runs.

Will make a mess of your car!

I think that FWD is actually a bit better than RWD in off-road use. Kind of the same thing that makes FWD good in snow...

-la
Sounds fun. I'm sure that FWD is much better as for speed, but in terms of pure fun I would think RWD drive is better.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Will, I love your work! We need to get together and do some editing of our footage for the end of the year dinner!
Sounds good. I've dumped all my racing footage to my server at home so I can give you the tape from the bbq festivities and you can see what you can do with it. Editing is so time-consuming, I don't know if I can put together a real "show". But I plan on cutting out individual racing clips for people. The slalom was very entertaining all weekend.

It would be cool to render your in-car and my out-of-car shots side-by side!

Gotta remember to bring the tripod next time.....

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i'd love to help out with the editing...finally get to use my 8 years of schooling in Film/TV/Video production....ok i've used it before, but it's been A LOOOOONG time since i have....i sold my equipment about 4 years ago :(

i got to work on the set of Patriot Games and stand shoulder to shoulder with Han Solo, errr Harrison Ford. and i still have a script i wrote back in 92 or 93 that needs to be shot....ehhhh that'll never happen....enough rambling......

thanks for the video Will! crazy schtuff man!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts