The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I detailed the heck out of my car this weekend, it only has 122 miles on it and I wanted to get a polymer on the paint and fabric protectant on the carpets and seats. As a result of putting three coats of sealent on the car and doing the interior here are my observations:
1. The paint on my car is very good, little to no orange peel, good coverage with no thin spots. The metalic of BRP is outstanding in the sun when detailed, it has a lot of depth. The paint on the Elise is a good as I have seen on a car of this price range in fact the best I have seen on anything less than an exotic costing 4 or 5 times more. And better, a lot better than my BMW M5.
2. The fit and finish is terrific on my car, panel gaps are consistant. Everything is tight and all the rubber seals on the doors etc. are properly placed and anchored well.
3. The enterior is very well built, nothing is loose, all the cloth work on the seats is good, the leather trim is nicely stitched. The fit up of the enterior is very nice.
4. As I mentioned in another post the Star Shield is a real mess and I believe that three of the panels will need to be replaced. The largest panel on the front of the car has a hair trapped under it! Enough said, it's a real disappointment.

I am very happy with the car and how well it is built and the overall quality. Having owned a Europa for many years this car is in another league in terms of build quality.
Two big thumbs up for Lotus and how far they have come.

:clap:

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
James,

Let's see some pics!!!!

I ordered BRP too and would love to see how your car looks in the sun.

I'm going to drop the Starshield. After reading your post and others who aren't happy with it, I'd rather have it done locally.

I'm organizing a group buy on the Xpel kit for those that are interested.

check out the link

Xpel GB

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have some pictures but they seem to be too big to post, what are the options to get them on the forum? I also have some Caterham 7/Elsie side by side pictures.
I think the aftermarket Xpel is the way to go, but have it professionaly installed, this is a complex car to do.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
if you email them to me I can resize them in photoshop and return them to you or post them in this thread. PM'd email address

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
James,

How do you like the sports suspension?

·
Registered
963 Posts
Johnny B said:
James,

Let's see some pics!!!!

I ordered BRP too and would love to see how your car looks in the sun.

I took these photos at Dimmitt yesterday.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Jame A, I haven't noticed any problems with my StarSheild. Have u spoken with Lotus about ur problems? How does the warranty work with the film?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, the M5 is my commuter car.
The Star Shield warranty is directly with the supplier I believe, at any rate I am going to call them directly tomorrow and see how I get the replacement done. Someone mentioned that they will come right to your home and do the work?? I'll see.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
wait a sec. lotus sells the star shield option and if it arrives with a half-ass install YOU have to deal with the installer rather than lotus? :confused:

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
OneFastLotus said:
i guess the thought that comes to mind in one word is

sucks

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
LotusLust said:
wait a sec. lotus sells the star shield option and if it arrives with a half-ass install YOU have to deal with the installer rather than lotus? :confused:
Naw, I don't buy that. It's a Lotus option specified on my window sticker. I paid Lotus for it. If I have problems, they'll be the ones I deal with, not some third party.

Look at it this way, the film is applied while the car still belongs to Lotus Cars. That makes them responsible, as far as the warranty is concerned.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,130 Posts
Jim, your car looks great. I especially like the LSS rims with BRP! BTW: you have too many cool toys!:clap:

·
Registered
10 Posts
MattG said:
Naw, I don't buy that. It's a Lotus option specified on my window sticker. I paid Lotus for it. If I have problems, they'll be the ones I deal with, not some third party.

Look at it this way, the film is applied while the car still belongs to Lotus Cars. That makes them responsible, as far as the warranty is concerned.
I did my research and the warranty goes through Lotus

1 - 18 of 18 Posts