The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That exhaust note sounded really deep and sweet on the Elise from your autoX video. Which 111 model was it? Was it the stock exhaust or st. I/II???. It had a nice deep sound w/out any hints of rasp. Was surprised given Elise only has 4 cylinder engine.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also, did a search for soundclips of exhaust and found nothing...anyone have any links to soundclips from the diff types of exhausts available on the Elise????

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
I believe was a Federal Elise (the one we get), with stock exhaust. I don't know where his microphone was placed, or if it was integrated into the camera.

If you look for the Birmingham press day videos, there was one clip of several standard exhaust cars going by, and then a stage 1 following. That's the only comparison we have thus far. Otherwise, there were a few clips of the Fed car revving its engine from idle somewhere. I'll try to find them for you.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
The in-car vid of Randy's run at the WCLM AutoX was done with his camera mounted via a suction cup on the windscreen (in front of the passenger - me) using the in-camera mike.

The Elise was a pre-production Fed Elise with standard exhaust (from the Press event). If you listen closely, just after the first right-left slalom (off the start) you can hear the change in induction noise as the engine got up on cam.

The voices you hear are both myself and Randy.

Kiyoshi

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
hmmmm...got time hack on that?- when cam kicks in?

·
Registered
758 Posts
Damn ! Why's the colour I want gotta be the slowest =|

I would'a thought the orange would be almost as fast as Yellow, and a little faster than red ..

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Gromit said:

I would'a thought the orange would be almost as fast as Yellow, and a little faster than red ..
Not only is CO paint heavier, it it also has a higher CD.

The CO Mafia is DOOMED!

DOOMED I tell ya!

·
Registered
186 Posts
khamai said:
The in-car vid of Randy's run at the WCLM AutoX was done with his camera mounted via a suction cup on the windscreen (in front of the passenger - me) using the in-camera mike.

The Elise was a pre-production Fed Elise with standard exhaust (from the Press event). If you listen closely, just after the first right-left slalom (off the start) you can hear the change in induction noise as the engine got up on cam.

The voices you hear are both myself and Randy.

Kiyoshi
Did it have touring or no? Wondering how much the extra insulation is going to affect that beautiful note.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Touring pack, no LSS, stock exhaust. The top was off and the windows were down, so the affects of the added isolation and touring top were pretty much nulified. Consider that you can still hear our voices. I was closest, probably about 2-3 ft from the camera, but I was wearing a full face helmet (visor up).

Kiyoshi

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
that is one sweet exhaust note for being stock from a 4 cylinder...might not even need the st II now.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Hey.. back from a day of racing, sunny weather and cool ocean breezes. No, I did not win. :) But i had fun and organized a successful weekend of racing. Sunburnt and a little tired.

The Elise at Lake Tahoe sounded great. Better than I expected.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Gromit said:

:no: :no: :no: The Chrome Orange car was the fastest. It was lapping the other slow cars...:bow: :bow:

Tim Mullen

1 - 16 of 16 Posts