The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm thinking of getting rid of my 2008 RRS HSE. It's Buckingham Blue with Black leather interior. Has around 6k miles. I signed up for a 2 year lease at the end of May 2008 so ideally it would be nice to have someone take over my lease until end of May 2010. The mileage is 11k/per year. My payments are super low for the model since I was given an employee discount. Curious if anybody would be interested in taking over the lease. I'm not sure of all the logistics just yet as I don't typically lease my vehicles, but I can look into it if someone is seriously interested. Leasetrader.com exists for a reason. :)

Only extra option I got was the cold weather package which is heated seats in the front and rear. A lot of features like navigation, heated/electric seats, sunroof, CD changer, etc. are standard on this model. Reason for feeling you guys is 'cause I have too many cars right now and only 2 parking spaces and I walk to work. (The Lotus is back under it's cover.) It's a great car, haven't had any issues with it, contrary to older LRs. The warranty is 4 years/50k miles, so past the end of the lease, and it includes regularly scheduled services. I brought it in for it's 6 month service in November and everything checked out. I may be interested in purchasing it at the end of the lease, but it depends on what my car/driving circumstances are. I really love this car.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
My wife has been begging me for one of these... What is the monthly payment?

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
Good luck with the sale. FYI - I just sold a Miata that I had leased through Mazda Credit and the buyer wanted to do a lease transfer. Amazingly, the process took Mazda 11 weeks from start to finish, with a fair number of hoops to jump. I had no idea it might take so long, so that might be something that you want to look into and make sure that a potential buyer is prepared for.

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think my payment is around $425/month. It's not much and that's why I couldn't pass on it. My insurance only went up $100/month for SF. So it's quite reasonable, especially with gas prices where they are today.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I think my payment is around $425/month. It's not much and that's why I couldn't pass on it. My insurance only went up $100/month for SF. So it's quite reasonable, especially with gas prices where they are today.
Hmm... Ill talk to the wife

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts
Wow $425/month is very good for a vehicle like this.

That's tempting and I don't even need it :eek:

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Hmm...maybe a nice tow vehicle. PM sent.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'll take the orange Gallardo in the back there for $425 a month!

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
These are really very nice drivers. I like them more than the Cayanne. The seating position is great for a SUV/Crossover.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
How did you drive two cars for the photo shoot?
I was looking for one 4 months ago, I got a mitsubishi instead. Thats a great price though, i think I got a 800/month quote for a RR (not a RRS) at pleasonton LR dealer.
And I couldnt even get ONE garage space in SF, the ONLY reason I'm not moving to SF. Hell, I even saw a 3.5k/month loft in Mission (1 bed, 3 story for some reason). Street parking.

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
So I ended up letting it go for $4,500 to takeover my lease. It's now officially gone. I'll miss it, but it was just taking up space and wasting money sitting in the garage for weeks at a time.

For anyone else trying to get out of a lease... it's a long process. The first person that applied for it, got declined after a week. This is the 2nd person and it's taken about 4-6 weeks to get through the approval process, get the paperwork, etc. I made two payments in the meantime.

·
Registered
357 Posts
damn, too late or missed this completely, if you know any other coworkers who want to get our of their lease on a range rover let me know I am looking for HSE or sport, that is a smoking deal at <$500/month.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts