The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I've done fine without the premium pack, though it is a nice to have (and I ended up adding most of it back on my own). The sports pack (and CR gearbox on 10-11 cars as carlos mentions) and premium pack definitely.

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
sports pack is a must :up:
premium pack is nice :UK:
the rest, not so much :shrug:

For the price of the tech pack you can put your own in that is light years better for the same price. I know the tech pack has improved but it is still pretty basic using off the self parts. A good stereo installer can put in a very good system with components you get to choose.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
My car is fully optioned & the only thing I could live without is the seat heaters & folding mirrors. Sport pack is a non-negotiable, Tech pack is very needed, but as has been mentioned is an easy add on from a stereo shop with better components. I have the red piping/stitching on my interior, & although not completely needed, it adds a very nice touch of refinement & style that I've not seen in other Evoras, but that's just a personal preference thing (& I'm a sucker for red).

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
Folding Mirrors, Seat Heaters, Garage Door Opener are probably the least needed add-ons. Sports and Tech package is a must. The leather upgrade is a personal choice.

·
Premium Member
2,179 Posts
I love seeing someone from FL telling someone from CT that seat heaters are unnecessary.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
I love seeing someone from FL telling someone from CT that seat heaters are unnecessary.
In our southerner defense we presume that all of the northern folks store their nice cars in the cold months. Especially when we read posts about Evora tire degradation below 60 degrees or whatever temp it is. ;)

Honestly, I had no clue what a snow tire was until I lived in South Dakota compliments of Uncle Sam. I heard people talking about winter wheels, & thought "Why the heck would someone want different wheels for the winter?" LOL...I learned real quick. :D

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I wouldn't say the premium pack is unnecessary. While it isn't a terrible interior, frankly, if I am paying 65-80k for a car, an armrest and full leather are a must...it is noticeably less nice IMHO

·
Premium Member
2,179 Posts
LOL, just teasing you guys a little. We have lots of days in the fall here where the morning temps are 30-40 but it gets up to 60's later on so you can take the car out. The seat heaters are wonderful on days like that, much better than the HVAC heat. :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Sport & Tech. If you really want the folding mirror option...all of the cars come with it installed...all you need is the power folding switch from a Ford Mondeo (as discussed several times on LT)...it's completely unnecessary but if I recall someone on here flips the switch when punching the gas to go into super fast mode...lol

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
I love the seats in the "Premium Pack Sport" on the 2012+ cars.

PREMIUM PACK SPORT
This upgrade pack provides leather centre console, carbon effect leather inserts on the seats, leather door panelling below the trim band, and a choice of leather colour: Ebony Black with red contrast stitching & piping, or Venom Red, Cocoa Brown, or Imperial Blue with black contrast stitching and piping. Includes leather rear sears (2+2 option only).

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Folding Mirrors, Seat Heaters, Garage Door Opener are probably the least needed add-ons. Sports and Tech package is a must. The leather upgrade is a personal choice.

Garage door open and gate opener is a must in my world. After not having it in my Jeep it is a royal PIA not to have. If you park out side and have to take the opener in with you another PIA remembering to take it with you each day. This is something that drives me crazy in my Jeep. I have realized that if you have a garage opener and live in a gated community Homelink is a must.

Things to be aware of. If you park outside and leave your opener in your car thieves have easy access to your garage (yes you THINK you will wake up when they open it). Also thieves look for them in cars in parking lots, break in, take your remote and your registration and hit your garage before you get home. How do I know these things? Unfortunately from bad experiences.

·
Illegal Alien
5,357 Posts
What is difference between home link and a separate opener if a thief gets in the car, the home link will work.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.