The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am sitting at my desk, listening to my iPhone (Pandora is a great program, you should try it if you have an iPhone. I think it is a web program too). Listening to tunes, when I hear a car alarm... Hmm... sounds like my alarm... So I go outside and sure enough it is, so I briskfully walk up the street only to see a bum, obviously drunk, throwing his beer can into the sewer next to my car Nolan Ryan style. :panic:

I assess the situation and decide that the already violent drunk bum was bigger than me, and I was also in the middle of baltimore, so who knows how many of his buddies are near, or what drugs he is on. So I walk back to the office.

Me thinking, what do you do? I ask the nearest person, my boss (we have that kind of relationship) and he just shruggs. So thinking if I call the cops, I better have some more info, I decided to get a buddy and walk out there to assess the situation more closely (basically check for damage).

Long story short, no damage, No more bum, I reset the alarm and here I am... but now I am jittery and can't work.

So I decided to rant here.

You don't need to respond, that is just my story for the day.

Oh, and I did my stainless steel brake lines this weekend. My car stops MUCH better now. I am not pointing the improvement to the lines, more to a better bleed. Weird that when I hit the ABS, the bleed after was very much like soda (not the color, the CARBONATION!!!) I bled it as good as I could, will probebly do it again Saturday AM real quick and dirty to get whetever else out I can.

AND I changed my oil. It was funny, when I was in Criswell the other day (maybe a week ago) they said I was 7000 miles past due on my oil change :wallbang: I told them I do my own work, I had them do my first oil change and I did the others after. Silly Criswell...

Well, this week I pick up my R888 tires. I am going to drop the wheels off tomorrow and pick them up either same day or the next. They are my first year wedding anniversary gift from my wife (the paper anniversary... the stickers and the receipt are paper right?). I can't wait to use them at VIR Saturday and Sunday!

Well, enough ranting, I feel better now thaks all! Now back to work for me.

Dave

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Interesting turn. Upbeat ending. Give it a nice soundtrack and you have something.

We had a similar situation at the LT meet in Orlando last year (a night after the PRI show). One of us parked his Elise farther away in the lot. Some dickhead parked his Hummer very close to it, presumably to be funny. When we all walked out to our cars, the same group of guys were going to their Hummer. One put his drink on the Elise. Argh..

Some people just suck

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
To quote my son "You are weird." :D

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Street park your elise daily in the middle of a downtown? -eek-

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
So I am sitting at my desk, listening to my iPhone (Pandora is a great program, you should try it if you have an iPhone. I think it is a web program too). Listening to tunes, when I hear a car alarm... Hmm... sounds like my alarm... So I go outside and sure enough it is, so I briskfully walk up the street only to see a bum, obviously drunk, throwing his beer can into the sewer next to my car Nolan Ryan style. :panic:

I assess the situation and decide that the already violent drunk bum was bigger than me, and I was also in the middle of baltimore, so who knows how many of his buddies are near, or what drugs he is on. So I walk back to the office.

Me thinking, what do you do? I ask the nearest person, my boss (we have that kind of relationship) and he just shruggs. So thinking if I call the cops, I better have some more info, I decided to get a buddy and walk out there to assess the situation more closely (basically check for damage).

Long story short, no damage, No more bum, I reset the alarm and here I am... but now I am jittery and can't work.

Can a Lotus be used as a daily driver? :wallbang:

:D

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, just read my original thread... Yeah, I am weird... I went off on a bunch of directions there. I should write choose your own adventures books...

Street park? Not really, I am out in one of the little areas near little Italy, Kanton, and it is street parking, but it is mostly neighborhoods, and it is pull in parking not parrallel.

Mofo, yes, you can drive it daily! Ha! But I wouldn't recommend it!

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
dude get out of baltimore! ...you could start a john waters film !! hahaha

see ya fri night? dinner? i am staying trackside.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Dave,

Why take your Lotus to Baltimore? Oh man! CRAZEEE. Next thing youre gonna tell me that you take er to a Nats game.

All kidding aside, I got my r888s at Radial and theyre terrific.

Rock on.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dude get out of baltimore! ...'you could start a john waters film !! hahaha

see ya fri night? dinner? i am staying trackside.
Yes, Dinner!

Ed and I are also staying trackside... litterally, ON the track in turn 10! I can't wait! (not the hotel near the uphill esses, in the rooms above the garages)

FYI, Nugent has not sent me a single e-mail about the event. I thought it was odd, so I e-mailed him and... he didn't have me on the list! For almost 10 years, I have not missed one single mazda track event (My anniversary will be May). All of a sudden, no more instructor e-mails... Uggg... :shrug:

He said he will squeeze me in though. :rolleyes: :clap:

I think Ed and I are leaving a little after noon. I may end up leaving later if work gets busy, if I am late, I will let you know.

You have my cell phone, right? Do you know what you'll be driving yet?

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dave,

Why take your Lotus to Baltimore? Oh man! CRAZEEE. Next thing youre gonna tell me that you take er to a Nats game.

All kidding aside, I got my r888s at Radial and theyre terrific.

Rock on.
Snuggles,
I would have to get out of the "Lotus as a daily driver club if I didn't drive it to and from Baltimore... rotfl

FYI, I have only had 3 hairy happs so far (since January). But I am learning a lot (the hard way).

Things like:
- Don't refuel in Baltimore if you want to live
- Roll up your windows when you pull up to a light (money beggers surround the car and it is hard to see people on both sides of the car when you are looking at the person on the driver side window)
- Don't drive with your hard or soft top off in the city (see windows note above)
- Don't go over 60 in light sprinkles
- Never go over 50 in heavy rain
- Never EVER drive in freezing rain
- Starshield is a good thing
- Rav4s are not your friend

Can't wait to pick up my R888 tires! I plan to use them all week to prep for the track on the weekend!

Why aren't you going to that event? VIR rocks!

·
Registered
992 Posts
Snuggles,
I would have to get out of the "Lotus as a daily driver club if I didn't drive it to and from Baltimore... rotfl

FYI, I have only had 3 hairy happs so far (since January). But I am learning a lot (the hard way).

Things like:
- Don't refuel in Baltimore if you want to live >> the whole city is a no fly zone!!!
- Roll up your windows when you pull up to a light (money beggers surround the car and it is hard to see people on both sides of the car when you are looking at the person on the driver side window) >> i agree, this is awkward so you do the ole rocking chair stop
- Don't drive with your hard or soft top off in the city (see windows note above)
- Don't go over 60 in light sprinkles >> u're not sporting enough
- Never go over 50 in heavy rain >> you HAVE to go over 50 or the rain gets inside!! Under 45 mph and you're drenched!!
- Never EVER drive in freezing rain >> happens all the time
- Starshield is a good thing > Starshield and painter's tape: the Lotus Owner's Friends
- Rav4s are not your friend >> Except for the two I've had!

Can't wait to pick up my R888 tires! I plan to use them all week to prep for the track on the weekend!

Why aren't you going to that event? VIR rocks!
>> because i've spent a fortune at the track this year...otherwise would go. Be at S P all Labor Day.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Have fun! I know a bunch of the Spec Miata folks. It should be a blast!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes, Dinner!

Ed and I are also staying trackside... litterally, ON the track in turn 10! I can't wait! (not the hotel near the uphill esses, in the rooms above the garages)

FYI, Nugent has not sent me a single e-mail about the event. I thought it was odd, so I e-mailed him and... he didn't have me on the list! For almost 10 years, I have not missed one single mazda track event (My anniversary will be May). All of a sudden, no more instructor e-mails... Uggg... :shrug:

He said he will squeeze me in though. :rolleyes: :clap:

I think Ed and I are leaving a little after noon. I may end up leaving later if work gets busy, if I am late, I will let you know.

Hey Dave... I sent Nugent a couple of emails about driving with you and haven't heard anything from him. I'm not sure if you can request a student, but my full name's Reggie Mathew if you still feel like driving together in the intermediate group.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Dave... I sent Nugent a couple of emails about driving with you and haven't heard anything from him. I'm not sure if you can request a student, but my full name's Reggie Mathew if you still feel like driving together in the intermediate group.
If he ever writes me back/calls me, I will mention it to him. :D

I have a feeling I won't hear from him until the instructor meeting Saturday morning. But rest assured, I will be there.

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
Yes, Dinner!

yes, i am in "the garages" as well. i got your number- i will be driving from Nags head around 3 or 4, so i guess i will be there around... i dunno? 7'ish? i will fill you in on the rest when i get there! ha!

packed the tire gauge, some cotton shirts and the bell :) - i am ready to go... hahahaha

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'm all ready to go as well (other than settings the ohlins to track setting).

See you guys there!

I'll be there Wednesday evening for the event with Trackdaze, then with Mazda Drivers.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Time to switch to decaf buddy.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts