The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased tail lights from a user on here RAPIDLOTUS. He doesn't advertise because he is not a vendor but he made his own tail lights and I messaged him and he made a set for me too.

He is a nice guy that put together a really nice product and made it plug and play with no issues. I opted for his set that do not have built in reverse lights so I added led strips near the license plate.
IMG-7480.jpg
IMG-7479.jpg
IMG-7478.jpg
IMG-7474.jpg
IMG-7475.jpg

·
Registered
146 Posts
@Rsv4 dude those tail lights suit your car perfectly. On another note, I can't help but notice some details on your car. Did you glass in your engine cover to your rear clam? Also, is your roof glassed into the body? It sure gives a clean and smooth line, but how do you access your engine bay?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The whole thing comes off with 2 people. The roof is connected to the body with aluminum rods and carbon fiber/glass reinforcement. To access the engine I just stick my hand into the middle holes that I don’t have mesh on.

I have a V6 so I don’t have to stick my arm in very deep to get to it:cool:

·
Registered
07 Aspen White Exige S - MT
765 Posts
So you put a v6 in a s2 and glassed the entire roof back clam and hatch?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Or was this the build out of wes’s elige?
I started a thread a while back but I was not very diligent and didn’t provide very much detail. At the time I was too busy trying to do the swap with a newborn baby so most of my work was done between baby naps and late at night. I didn’t have time/energy to fully document it.

I relied on wilhelm motorworks for their wiring documentation and also used both Lotus and 2GR wiring diagrams to integrate the systems.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Thank you for responding @Rsv4 dude to my inquiry, but you left me with even more questions now. I find so much of what you did to your Lotus intriguing and I want more information and pictures. It was interesting looking at the images of your car at first, because I kept thinking something was different but I just couldn't place my finger on it initially. I find the lines so clean by removing seams the way you did. And the V6, what a shock. Tell everyone it's a S3 prototype...........lol

·
Registered
07 Exige S
1,646 Posts
Dayum

in stead of being a drowsy normal such as myself pining away for the v6 version Exige the rest of the world has, you just made the damn thing yourself! That is sick man. I bet it is nasty on the street, and Track!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts