Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
THE CAR IS SOLD!

Hey guys, just a head's up .... I'm listing my Exige S260 F.E. for sale on BAT within the next couple days. 5200 miles, clean title and Carfax. Religiously maintained by the genius Harry at A1 Automotive for the past 7 years. Beautiful car, no stories!

·
Administrator
4,450 Posts
Moving to general discussion since it's not for sale here. Still seen by all.

Reactions: HRCVF750

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Wow, that might have potential to be a highwater mark. Good luck!

P.S. The matte black Exige was the background on my desktop over ten years ago (I graduated undergrad in '11, so I think it was in '10?)

·
2006 Exige
849 Posts
We should start a 'price is right' style contest with this one. Closest without going over.

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
I would say it will sell for 65-70K but if I'm low, that is fine because it just makes mine worth more. :)

Later,
Eldon

·
Registered
65 Posts
'Beautiful car, no stories' sounds like a sad thing to say about a vehicle.

I saw a listing for #7 of 25 on ebay, and pretty sure it's still up at the $100k that I would say is incredibly excessive no matter the state but should fetch a good price on BaT due to visibility and the rarity that is 2011 models of any Elige.

·
Registered
07 Aspen White Exige S - MT
726 Posts
If it’s that flat black color then in my opinion it’s not worth any amount that high as the paint is notoriously known to be junk on any of the final editions that are actually driven, so yours might well be pristine if it’s been a garage Queen.

·
A1 Automotive & Smog
936 Posts
Big vouch for this car! I've seen Final Edition goes for $85-95, but this one is one is a special one due to ridiculously low-mile, condition, never been tracked, and how meticulous the owner keep up with maintenance. Also I remember that this car has been PPFed the WHOLE car and completely flawless in anyway. Only essential mod has been done to the car, and he has all the original components that will goes together to the buyer. I think the rear-panel-delete to cool down rear-ends, and Difflow diffuser. This car always IN the garage, and COVERED! Buy with confidence! I hope it goes to the right hand, love and cared for this rare car continuously!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Have you already contacted BAT about getting your car up on their site? Their process can be surprisingly slow. I’ve seen multiple stories from people where it took 6-10 weeks+ from first contact with BAT before your auction goes live.
Can’t wait to watch the biding action and I’m in on the pool at $88k.
Good luck!

·
Registered
2020 Lotus Evora GT - Vivid Green
184 Posts
Have you already contacted BAT about getting your car up on their site? Their process can be surprisingly slow. I’ve seen multiple stories from people where it took 6-10 weeks+ from first contact with BAT before your auction goes live.
Last summer BaT were running about a 2 months queue due to not having enough staff to review submittals and create listing descriptions - they have been trying to hire more people for a long while. BaT also may reject your 'Reserve' and suggest a lower reserve. They have a real issue with bidders having associates/friends badmouth tiny details about cars and sellers in comments trying to make others less interested, which has actually worked in some cases to keep selling prices down and some bidders away. It's a shithole place to sell because you have to babysit the auction to answer every stupid question asked by people who fail to read the description or other comments. The more stupid questions as frequently asked by people who have no intention of bidding, which is frustrating. But, as has been said, sellers can often get more money for their car at BaT than other places.

·
Registered
2020 Evora GT in Formula Red, coordinated black+red interior, windowed engine hatch
588 Posts
Photos???

·
Registered
567 Posts
Last summer BaT were running about a 2 months queue due to not having enough staff to review submittals and create listing descriptions - they have been trying to hire more people for a long while. BaT also may reject your 'Reserve' and suggest a lower reserve. They have a real issue with bidders having associates/friends badmouth tiny details about cars and sellers in comments trying to make others less interested, which has actually worked in some cases to keep selling prices down and some bidders away. It's a shithole place to sell because you have to babysit the auction to answer every stupid question asked by people who fail to read the description or other comments. The more stupid questions as frequently asked by people who have no intention of bidding, which is frustrating. But, as has been said, sellers can often get more money for their car at BaT than other places.
When I sold my 911 it went from submission to live within 2 weeks. If you have everything in order (title in hand, hundreds of pics, full history, etc) then the process can be quick.

The way I see it is that is an excellent place to sell your car if you are the type of person who is happy to talk details and history. If you have something to hide, or know it's a POS then your experience will reflect it. It rewards sellers who are willing to put in the extra mile.

Case in point, I bought my 911 for $14k off a guy from CL with a bit of a shady ad, not a ton of details, but felt confident enough with what I saw to take a chance. Put a couple thousand into cleaning it up, enjoying it for a year, and then put in BaT, answered every question, provided tons of photos, detailed walkaround video, etc. and sold the car for nearly $9k more than I did a year before, despite putting a couple thousand miles on it. There is absolutely no chance in hell I would have gotten close to that on an FB marketplace ad, craigslist, or even rennlist even if i put all the effort into it.

But if you send BaT a listing with a dozen pics, no real history or details, and a general lack of effort then you'll be put at the back of the line. And if you don't answer questions then of course your auction may go sideways. People can sense when someone is lying or not responsive. Why would you want to pay top dollar to deal with someone who can't even answer some questions in a public forum in a timely manner?

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Big vouch for this car! I've seen Final Edition goes for $85-95, but this one is one is a special one due to ridiculously low-mile, condition, never been tracked, and how meticulous the owner keep up with maintenance. Also I remember that this car has been PPFed the WHOLE car and completely flawless in anyway. Only essential mod has been done to the car, and he has all the original components that will goes together to the buyer. I think the rear-panel-delete to cool down rear-ends, and Difflow diffuser. This car always IN the garage, and COVERED! Buy with confidence! I hope it goes to the right hand, love and cared for this rare car continuously!
Thank you my friend .... the responsibility for the condition of the car is because of your meticulous service, ....after all, you've maintained this car for the 7 years I've owned it.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.