The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my barely used Ardent Elise (VIN394), and I couldn't be happier.

I took the time to figure out the Los Angeles radio and the pre-set equalizer settings, and I am very satisfied with the sound. In fact, the radio has so much bass reponse on the "disco" setting that I am getting a speaker buzz behind the passenger seat. It also buzzes under some engine load. Anyone else have this problem? Any quick cures?

Also, I notice a rattle in the driver's window when down. It seems that the guides are loose. Again, anyone else experience this? What was done to fix it?

All in all, I LOVE this car, and Ardent is the PERFECT color. I have 775 miles on the car now, and I can't wait until I can really open it up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
Randy G said:
Also, I notice a rattle in the driver's window when down. It seems that the guides are loose. Again, anyone else experience this? What was done to fix it?
I have the same thing. It's at the dealer now, will see if they can fix it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,914 Posts
I have a rattle (or shake) in the driver side door when the window is down. I figured TADTS, but let me know if the dealer finds a cure. The passenger side doesn't seem to do this...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
426 Posts
I have a different problem, but a similar sound.

When I turn or step on the brakes hard, I hear a sound like screws rolling around on the floor. The floor is clean and I checked under the seats. Nothing is there. It sounds like it's coming from the center console or under the floor, if that's possible.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,914 Posts
Joetz said:
I have a different problem, but a similar sound.

When I turn or step on the brakes hard, I hear a sound like screws rolling around on the floor. The floor is clean and I checked under the seats. Nothing is there. It sounds like it's coming from the center console or under the floor, if that's possible.
maybe a loose bolt riding on top of the undertray??? you can lift the car and drop the undertrays to check. it's a PITA, but if you want to find the cause...

:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
426 Posts
raggedy1 said:
maybe a loose bolt riding on top of the undertray??? you can lift the car and drop the undertrays to check. it's a PITA, but if you want to find the cause...

:)
I found the problem! A penny on the floor behind the drivers seat. I must have missed it the 100 other times I checked under the seat. It was unbelievably loud as it tumbled around in spirited driving.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
866 Posts
Randy G said:
Just got my barely used Ardent Elise (VIN394), and I couldn't be happier.

I took the time to figure out the Los Angeles radio and the pre-set equalizer settings, and I am very satisfied with the sound. In fact, the radio has so much bass reponse on the "disco" setting that I am getting a speaker buzz behind the passenger seat. It also buzzes under some engine load. Anyone else have this problem? Any quick cures?

Also, I notice a rattle in the driver's window when down. It seems that the guides are loose. Again, anyone else experience this? What was done to fix it?

All in all, I LOVE this car, and Ardent is the PERFECT color. I have 775 miles on the car now, and I can't wait until I can really open it up.
Randy, you aren't going to beleive this, but I have heard of you twice in two days.

Apparently you met my father in teh Highland Park village Starbucks the other day. He told me the story, and how you were veryhappy with your car, etc etc. Today I went to the car wash in HP and there was a man in his 50's-60's who asked me about my car, and told me that there was another one just like it around, and a guy named Randy was the owner. What are the chances of that?

P.S. Have you noticed terrible radio reception in and around the Dallas area? I would go so far as to say all of the time, but with your car being so new, you probably have not had all that much experience with the car at this point. In my car, the radio is almost non functional, and if I do happen to get a station in tune, in a few miles it will fall out. The Los Angeles radio that we have is especially touted as being able to adapt and modify FM radio signals into a digital format which in theory should increase teh clarity and reception. I don't know if it is just my car or of others are having this problem.

Glad to meet your reputation BTW :D :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,198 Posts
Radio reception,

My car's radio reception is fine around the Fort Lauderdale Area, I have poor reception around High Voltage power lines but every car I've ever owned had problems there because of the high electromagnetic fields generated by the Powerlines.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,122 Posts
Re: Re: Rattle and Hum

Mean TT said:
Today I went to the car wash in HP
I hope you're not taking the Elise through a car wash! :no:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,293 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Rattle and Hum

pinmagic said:
I hope you're not taking the Elise through a car wash! :no:
I was just thinking the same thing:eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,293 Posts
Re: Re: Rattle and Hum

Mean TT said:
P.S. Have you noticed terrible radio reception in and around the Dallas area? I would go so far as to say all of the time, but with your car being so new, you probably have not had all that much experience with the car at this point. In my car, the radio is almost non functional, and if I do happen to get a station in tune, in a few miles it will fall out. The Los Angeles radio that we have is especially touted as being able to adapt and modify FM radio signals into a digital format which in theory should increase teh clarity and reception. I don't know if it is just my car or of others are having this problem.
Make sure that your radio is set to USA and not Europe. It sounds like it is set to Europe. Get the manual out and look at the setup.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi, Mean TT,

I think I know your father... does he drive a silver M3 convertible? I look forward to meeting you and seeing your car.

I agree with those on here...avoid automatic car washes. If you must go to a commercial car wash use a low pressure wand and a lambs wool mit. Be gentle with the paintwork.

As far as the radio, I have had no problems. I set the sensitivity to High, and I have adjusted the pre-set equalizer to "disco" and it gets great sound. My onloy complaint is a speaker buzz due to revs and bass.

Enjoy your car; see you around Highland Park Village.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
866 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Rattle and Hum

Patricko said:
Make sure that your radio is set to USA and not Europe. It sounds like it is set to Europe. Get the manual out and look at the setup.
No it is set to USA, and I also have it set to disco. Sensitivity is set to 6 if I remember correctly. It just gets no reception at all. Pretty frustrating if you ask me.

Randy G said:
I think I know your father... does he drive a silver M3 convertible?
Yes he does. He decided to go with some sort of sports car a few years back and it was between a 911 or the M3. I have to admit that the thought of my father in a porsche is somehow disturbing. While they are great cars, I have always felt that they are 1. Common, 2. Expensive for their performance (and options), 3. To be seen in. I highly encouraged the M3, and even though there was a long wait list at that time for the car, he was a very good customer of John Roberts, and had bought two 7 series cars from them previously.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
472 Posts
Has anyone tried switching to the Euro radio antenna (sits atop the engine cover, where the black plug is on US cars)? I have all the typical crummy reception problems despite all the correct settings for the tuner. I doubt that Blaupunkt built in such poor reception, so it seems more like an antenna performance problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,684 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Rattle and Hum

Patricko said:
Make sure that your radio is set to USA and not Europe. It sounds like it is set to Europe. Get the manual out and look at the setup.
also read about setting the radio sensitivity
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top