The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When going really slow, like parking, I have been hearing this rattling. At first I thought it was the exhaust rattling but today is was still rattling while I was completely parked. I got out the car and I found out that it is coming from the engine bay. Anyone know what this may be? I plan to take it to Fox Valley for warranty work. So now I have this and the ticking sound from the engine bay as well.

Q

·
0 Posts
My heatshield on the right side of the muffler (towards the rear of the diffuser) was touching the muffler. Sounded rattly and like belts squeaking at lower RPMS.

I just adjusted it by bending it. All was well.

Could be anything. Gotta go check it out and start poking around.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its not coming from the exhaust area though. Its definately in the engine bay.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
could be injector noise
An injector noise would be something thats common right? I dont think this is that. This is more of a "sounds like something is about to fall apart" rattle.

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
they sound sewing machine clicky it can get louder over the life of the car i've noticed.

failing apart rattle would be in the realm of flatbed to the dealer.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Low RPM Vibration

I had a low rpm vibration @ around 1100 rpm only with the AC on. It was evident in parking lots and at stop lights. Turned out to be the AC lines on the right side behind the side scoop were resonating when the compressor was on at low rpm. The dealer tech secured them with an additional cable tie and the vibration was gone. :tadts: ?

ymmv, good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts