The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyboby noticed a rattle from the rearend of their car when the car is idling?

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
you may want to check the bolts that hold the diffuser on...

·
Registered
859 Posts
rattle

Cheers Patricko, Did the stickon rubber mat cure the license
plate rattle ? BTW your P.M. mailbox is full.
All The Best, Don Paul

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Re: rattle

APOGEE said:
Cheers Patricko, Did the stickon rubber mat cure the license
plate rattle ? BTW your P.M. mailbox is full.
All The Best, Don Paul
Hello Don,

I did not try it yet.

I just cleaned my PM box.

Thanks,

Patrick

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I developed a rattle this week just above my head when the top is up. I think the soft top is/was getting a little loose ( I had the top up for over a week now and it had never been up that long before) so it rattles when I go over a rail road track or something like that. I tried removing the drivers side of the top and reinstalling but didn't pay attention to the noise last night after I did that so I don't know if its still there but if someone has the same please let me know. I also started to have a little more wind noise from the drivers side window with the top up at speed, maybe both are related somehow.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
ADD said:
Has anyboby noticed a rattle from the rearend of their car when the car is idling?
could you be describing the gearbox rattle some have experienced from behind the passenger seat? some have suspected the throwout bearing for this particular one...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
could you be describing the gearbox rattle some have experienced from behind the passenger seat? some have suspected the throwout bearing for this particular one...

My gosh, I hope not. It eminates from the rear end, near the bumper.
I'm due for the 1000miles service. Hopefully my friendly lotus dealer can diagnose it.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
ADD:

See if it's the emergency trunk release handle, mounted on the underside of the trunk lid. I've noticed that that can rattle quite a bit, and it's just possible the noise is transmitting thru the panels all the way into the passenger compartment. I've been meaning to pad mine to see if it eliminates the occasional rattle I hear, too. I just keep forgetting. But I believe that one member here did say he removed that handle, and it eliminated a rattle he'd been hearing.

Neil

1 - 8 of 8 Posts