The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the 'RC' model cars on display at the LA aut show will be for sale? Can someone ask if no one knows. I want to buy at least the graphite gray and maybe the ardent red ones. Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
The RC Cars, I believe, are made by HPI in Irvine, California. You can do a search of HPI products from Hobby People. (www.hobbyshack.com)

Bob K.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The R/C car from HPI that you mention is really only the body. HPI does sell onroad R/C cars, but the Elise body is a separate product that fits their cars along with other R/C onroad cars. I have a Team Associated NTC3 Nitro car with the S1 Lotus body on it. I will post pics when I get home. I have also purchased the S2 body for my R/C car, but I mucked up the paint process and it looks like poo. I plan to purchase another S2 body and try to make it match the car I am going to purchase perfectly. BTW, the little sucker goes about 50 MPH. It is scary fast. The engine I have generates about 1.2hp with a 2 speed transmission and shaft four wheel drive. It is about 16 inches long. Putting it together was one of the funnest building experiences that I have had.

I love it when two of my hobbies merge.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Tower Hobbies usually lists whether the body is 190mm or 200mm.

Sorry for the lack of pics. I took a bunch this morning and went to put them online, but our internet at home was down. I will try to put them up later.

·
Registered
14 Posts
RC stuff...

Here's the link to the previous thread and some pictures.

http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1630

Regarding the body dimensions...you can use either size with most of the chassis out there.....the 200mm body may require you to use offset wheels and/or spacers. This will limit your choice of wheels, but not reallya big deal.

FWIW, the pictures of my car in the previous thread show the 200mm body on an HPI 190mm chassis. I used offset wheels (3mm) and a spacer to make up the difference. I just wanted more real estate for the funky paint job!!;)

If you have any other questions, just let me know....

Tony

1 - 8 of 8 Posts