The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was tire shopping on tire rack "again :panic:" and look what I found. Currently Available Prices and Sizes

It seems to be that these tires are getting phased out for a new tire shortly so it's half off for nearly all the tires. These are great tires for daily street driving and they last a bit longer then the yoko's.

(I'm no way related or affiliated with tirerack just your average bargain shopper:nanner:)

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Great prices!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Is there consensus on what sizes of the RE-01R are the most appropriate for the Sports setup?

(Also add the non-Sport setup if you know :) )

·
Registered
974 Posts
Dang, I just put a deposit on Dunlop Star Specs!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Well have the non-sport setup and i was trying to order:
195/50/15 front
235/45/17 rear

And i got the dreaded "Items are no longer available message" :( so it looks like they are out of them (at least the size i wanted).

·
Registered
201 Posts
They're really great street tyres, for dry and rain, and better wear than Yokos. Yeah, too bad Tirerack is out of the all important rear tyres. The replacement RE-11 is supposedly even better, and coming soon!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have these on my S2000 and I love them except for one thing - they are "squealy" around corners until you rub the top layer off (do some skidpad in a parking lot heh). Not a big deal, it went away for me after a few days.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
After running these for 6 months then switching to R888's I wouldn't recommend these for anything but street driving. They have a better wear rate than the A048's, but they aren't even close to the grip you can get from R888's on the track.

Awesome tire for the wet street though! Plus they throw up rooster tails in the heavy rain. :D

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I spoke to a rep and they have the all important rear tires coming in next week. The sad part for me wasn't shopping for the Lotus this time but for the MR2 and they didn't have front tires for me so I have to get the star specs.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks Rei! I just bought two 205-45R-16s for my fronts. I already have a set of RE-01Rs on the rears (got tired of buying 048s). They last MUCH longer than the Yokos.

9 tires left for the fronts. Less than 2 245-40-17s remaining for the rears.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts